Bald Hex Screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bald Hex Screw

I recently fitted my unbranded red dot sight onto my mates gun and when i went to go take it off the hex screw just came apart(soft metal i assume)anyone got a tip for getting it out?

Re: Bald Hex Screw

Did it snap or is it still in one piece?
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

If its in one piece, try a 'star' shaped tool (dont know the real name), if its a tight fit tap it in with a hammer.
      If its snapped, try drilling a small hole in it, then screw in a screw and see if it removes both when you screw it out, if not, drill the whole thing with a drill bit slightly smaller then the whole so as not to damage the thread and hopefully the rest of the screw should fall out.
      Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

I would also recommend to tap and die it as well, just to make sure the thread is in good nick. And Simon, its called a philips screwdriver
        Originally posted by Tiercel
        The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
          its called a philips screwdriver
          They are Called TX-Star Hex Keys
          sigpic
          View iTrader Rating Here
          Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

Or TORX

Comment

Dident mean philips head screwdriver, 'star' with 6 points.
              Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

its still intact, i tried the phillips but the metal is so soft it just keeps coming away, tried soldering a hex key on but the same happens. God damn cheap chinese metal.

Comment

Bald Hex Screw
                  Leave it for a week and it will probably grow back

Use a pretty sharp dot punch and tap the edge of the screw round
                  Roses are red,
                  Violets are blue,
                  In soviet russia,
                  Poem reads you!

Comment

Get some Epoxy steel, and put an allen key in the screw, fill it in the epoxy steel
                    "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

Try useing super glue so the hex key will get a good grip, this will probably ruin the screw and the hex key so only use as a last resort :D
                      sigpic

When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite. ~ Winston Churchill

Comment

I am having a similar issue only mine is that I need to get into my gearbox but to do so need to take the heatplate off now one of these hex screws on the heatplate has become stripped so I cant get a allan key into it to take it out

so what i was thinking is can you get replacement screws so i can just glue a allankey into the screw and take it out that way

Comment

If there is enough room around it, you could grab it with a clamp and do that up as tight as you can. Comes out nice and easy then. I had to do that with a cheap soldering iron once...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

UNMORTAL I can be a bit of a dick, take it or leave it. Find out more about UNMORTAL
                          Working...
                          X