Attn SOPMOD users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn SOPMOD users

Hello, recently all my sopmod mags stopped feeding at a copehill down weekender, stripped em down with friends help, very little dirt in them and put 'em back together, seemed to be working fine, fired BBs from them no problem that day, skirmished at Fireball and mags all ok, played at Harmer green and they all stopped feeding again after lunch. Again I stripped 'em down and very little debris came out but I guess its enough!? What I have noticed is that several of the springs are twisted along the length, no kinks or damage to the spring. All mags but one ejecting BBs no problem (not able to test fire this time as live in a flat), stripped the mag not working again and spring twisted, in fact rotated a better word, almost 180 degreess along the length. Have placed the spring under a couple of books to try and stop the rotation.

Any other sopmod users had problems with their mags? I'm hoping its just debris that was getting into my dump pouch when I was going prone as I wear the pouch on my side rather than the back. Will be either placing pouch on the back or just putting mags back into pouch.

Re: Attn SOPMOD users

ive heard of it but only had minor issues myself, few sprays of silicone oil sorted it.
    sigpic

Comment

I've not had this problem as yet - what I do find though is that some have suddenly stopped triggering the bolt lock, maybe a sign of bad times to come!

Comment

Originally posted by mafu10 View Post
        I've not had this problem as yet - what I do find though is that some have suddenly stopped triggering the bolt lock, maybe a sign of bad times to come!
        spray em with silicone, thats what i had too, silicone sorted it.
        sigpic

Comment

I had issues with the mags but not the mid caps

Only issue I had was with the highcaps trap door getting bbs stuck behind the locking notch

prevent the failures by cleaning after every game, use old bbs and squirt silicone oil on them and load then unload, dry them off then do it again

Comment

They can be picky for ammo, just make sure you buy the good stuff. it only takes one duffer to cuase a mag jam.

And yup they require regular cleaning luckily its a 5 min job per mag.

Comment

Having to repost as I mentioned a forbidden name!!!

Thanks for tips guys, need to source some new springs for the mags and ZERO ONE and other suppliers don't list them 've looked at so if any one has any news on where I could get some new springs please PM me, thanks

Comment

I sprayed some silicon spray down the BB hole and then loaded some bbs in but then they wouldn't eject even though they had been working fine when I unloaded them after a evening game on Friday?

What is the 'life' of a sopmod mag? I've only had the gun for about a year and played about 20-25 games.

Going to email the manufacturer directly for a supply of springs? I had to bin one spring as I couldn't get it back into the mag casing due to the 180 rotation along the length of it

Using exel BBs again, did use marui ones for a spell but ran out and no supplies of them so had to go back to exel. Have a bag of madbull bbs to try out when exel have run out but might switch to them now saving the exel for the pistol.

Comment

my mags are 2 odd years old and still going strong. I just think youve got unlucky or you poped them back in wrong.

Tm wont get back to you lol .... for a start they dont speak english, second they dont ship parts outside of japan.

If your really struggling you might have to get new mags, but honestly i dont have any problems, only the one time i tried to use hi caps, and they wouldnt feed 0.28s.

god punished me that day.

Comment

Hi, only one way to pop the springs back in, with the male part pointing up on the pivoty bit so the female part is on top (honest, no innuendo implied here) right?

Comment

I've only had issues with Z1 ammo and when some of my speedloader got inside the mag D:

The springs, it's in their nature to rotate, just gotta get it right :3

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wyattwolf Been airsofting since 2010... Find out more about wyattwolf
                      Working...
                      X