Weathering Tan Ak74 magazines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weathering Tan Ak74 magazines...

So I'm going to be getting a VFC AK74 soon, the wood and metal version, and I PERSONALLY prefer the orange/tan magazines so will be buying several Marui lowcaps for it.

I haven't handled those particular mags before (I would buy the VFC mids but cant find them in stock anywhere!), but I'm imagining the plastic will be horrible and too plain and new-looking. So how do you go about weathering a plastic, orange Ak 74 mag?

I've heard some people use woodstain on them to give them a darker, sort of brown worn effect. Any ideas/pics?
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Re: Weathering Tan Ak74 magazines...

thats a tough one, i carnt imagine stain working all that well because its oil based and if you use certain paints i would be careful as it might melt the plastic. i would personally lightly sand the mags, get it dusty then slap some mud on it, as the 74 mags are usually just tarnished not so much weathered.

joff
    Originally posted by Montesa77
    F**K alcohol!

See little point in it myself.
    Originally posted by hunter101
    In RUSSIA alcohol sees little point in you!!

Comment

Re: Weathering Tan Ak74 magazines...

Anyone else got any ideas? The plasticness of brand new ones is just horrid!
      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
      Working...
      X