Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 Questions

Hey guys,

I really feel like making a M14 DMR and i've got a few questions i'd like answered;
    • Would a Cyma M14 be a good place to start?
    • Can you buy wooden bodys seperately?
    • How would I go about locking it to semi?
    • What version gearbox is it?

Thanks.

Re: M14 Questions

1) I personally would start at Tm as its better out of the box than most other AEGs
    2) yea, you can buy real wood stocks. But I advise re-staining as the finish as standard is naff IMHO
    3)remove the selector bar, I can't remember what it's actually called so illcall it that
    4)version 7
    sigpic

Comment

All the above but if you have a Cyma and don't wan't to fork out for a TM, it's not a bad gun to use but I suggest you get stronger cogs, gears and a spring. If you're gunna keep it at 350 fps then you will want full auto aavailable.

Comment

ive got a cyma m14 for sale, check it out if you want, got two buyers at the mo but if they back out for whatever reason ill pm you if you want.

Comment

I used a cyma m14 for my DMR project, stock gears, motor, cylinder head and casing and they are fine, put a madbull tightbore 6.03 barrel, madbull blue hop up rubber, air seal nozzle, m120 spring, bearing spring guide and metal bushings and it works VERY well, chrono'ing in just below my site limits at 390 fps. I removed the selector bar to lock it to semi. I also used the standard stock that came with it (that i sanded down to remove any imperfections) and then sprayed it and the whole outer barrel and receiver assembly is stock too, tm would be better but cyma is fine
          www.youtube.com/accessairsoft

Comment

Originally posted by I'mhitalready View Post
            All the above but if you have a Cyma and don't wan't to fork out for a TM, it's not a bad gun to use but I suggest you get stronger cogs, gears and a spring. If you're gunna keep it at 350 fps then you will want full auto aavailable.
            There's nowt wrong with the CYMA gears, it all depends on how high the OP wants to go FPS wise. Definately change the piston for a TM one though.

As for full auto on a DMR, bad times. For that matter, I rarely feel the need to use auto on any rifle, but that's presonal preference

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Aeronauticals Aeronautical Engineer for the Navy. Find out more about Aeronauticals
            Working...
            X