Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading TM MP5K Project

Hi all,
    Im thinking of buying a Tm Mp5k and im looking to upgrade it, now i will have a relatively tight budget so my main question is this.
    What would you replace with what if you were on a budget of say £65, looking at fps of around 330, good durability and ROF as high as possible. I want the gun to be able to hold its own and be one of the nicest Mp5k's around, if there are other upgrade options for more or less money i would love to hear about them, also anyone who has totally upgraded their MP5K or just tinkered please share your experiences and any problems you may of had. Thanks in advance for your imput. :D

Re: Upgrading TM MP5K Project

M100 spring: £10
    Lipo battery: £15
    Fast Motor: £30

:D

Comment

Thinking of using Nimh batterys for this gun rather than a lipo, sorry i forgot to mention.
      is it just a simple matter of spring and motor or would i not have to upgrade other parts?

Comment

my high speed budget set up consisted of shoving a ultra high speed gear set (16:1 ratio if i remember correctly) that came with a lightweight piston (element, cost me £12) in my jg mp5. I then shimmed it as well as i could and got some 7mm bearing bushings for it (my jg had a 7mm gearbox! win! haha) and it shoots 19 rps, admittedly at 290 fps but still, it has a considerably high rate of fire
        www.youtube.com/accessairsoft

Comment

If you use Nihm, unless you have big one on a sling, not going to be able to get that much ROF. The stick packs I've seen are not great!

Comment

So if i want for a nihm 9.6v battery it wouldnt be a good option?
            I have seen a 'Guarder SP120 Full Tune-Up Kit for Marui MP5K/PDW ' kit on the web for far more than i was looking at, but would it be a complete solution or would i still have to upgrade things like wiring? Also i think sp120 on a mp5k would bring it above 350 wouldnt it? something i would like to avoid...
            and thanks josh i well may consider it, whats the different between 16:1 gears and TM stock?
            sorry for the noob questions i just want to get it right.

Comment

Ok, i looked at this for a build
              Guarder SP120 Full Tune-Up Kit for Marui MP5K/PDW- with a sp100 spring fitted (which seems to have everything)
              Prometheus Air Seal Nozzle for Marui MP5K & PDW AEG
              and for a motor a SHS, but im stuck, do i want a high torque one a ultra high torque one or a high speed one, which is suitable?
              as everything possible is upgraded the only other questions i have are:
              Will i need: 'G&P Ver.III 7mm Bearing Gear Box for AK Series / MP5K / AUG' to house this beast or will the standard gearbox be sufficient
              Will standard wiring be enough
              Is there enough point adding a mosfett and if so which one
              and im planning to run this off a 9.6v
              What do you guys think of that project idea?

Comment

i think standard gears are 18:1 so 16:1 has less teeth meaning it takes less time per cycle to pull the piston back, and i run this on a large type 8.4v.
                Motor will depend on your fps, if under 330 id say high speed, over that and it will struggle, so you'd need a torque. I should think your current casing is sufficient, but that upgrade one will obviously be better,
                If your going to install a fet why not make the jump to lipo? perfectly shim your box, metal bushings, spring guide, steel gears and shove an 11.1v lipo in
                www.youtube.com/accessairsoft

Comment

On a small 9.6v bat your going to get more speed out of a hig torque or ultra torque motor to drive a high speed right you may need a lipo in that amount of space.

Also get shs 13:1 gears there a lot faster have you considered getting a cheaper mp5k to save money I think cyma make one but dont get the galaxy one I hear its rubbish.

If you had a bit more money you could attempt a dsg set up and get around 40rps on a 7.4v lipo maybe the same or a bit more on a 9.6v you should also consider the newer 9.9v life4po battery's

6mm bushings can be fine if you glue them in on fast gears but with 7mm and 8mm you have to option to grab a bit more speed by using bearings, also I find that mp5k`s need a bit more then an m100 to get 330fps due to the short barrel unless you get a bit lucky.

Also Ive got 25rps by using a combat squad torque motor that I rebuilt on a JG m4 with standard gears as the gun is rewired to be a kind of pistol it has a 7.4v bat directly wired into the gearbox and gets around 25rps, I think the stock JG gears are 18:1 and its running at around 310 to 325 fps.

If you want a real bb hose then you can short stroke your mp5 and get close to 30rps on 13:1`s on a 9.6v maybe a bit over if your really lucky.

Im in the middle of building a dgs m4 when all the bits get here then Midas is going to build a non dsg gearbox and try to beat my rps on the same voltage battery a 7.4v lipo.

Ask if you need anymore help man
                  sigpic
                  Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

dont forget to get a polly piston with the 2nd tooth removed or remove it yourself and if your aiming for over 30 rps its smart to atleast trim down the 3rd tooth or take it off completely.

one a small mp5k Id run a 7.4v or 9.9v theres not much room for a mosfet but a decent c rated 7.4v will run a high speed motor up to say an m120 spring on hs gears but its probably better to just take the torque motor its a safe option if you have limited funds

"standard gears" can be 18:1 or 20:1 some company's fit 16:1 as stock the best fast gears around are 13:1 and a few people make them but the cheapest good ones are the shs ones Ive had them pull an m130 spring fine.
                    sigpic

Comment

If you are happy with 27 ish rof. Just buy the CA one and run it on 11.1 sticks. Leave it as it is, untill you get any problems then upgrade. Mine lasted ages and it was only my impatience to have it faster that led me to strip it and rebuild it.

What ever you do. Do not get the TM MP5K if you are going to strip it and re build it....They are a complete pain in the arse and are plastic. You have to take them completly in half to change a hop rubber...gahhh...yuk..

Kone is right, when ever I have corrected aoe and short stroked, you need way more than an M100 to get the fps up again. Even with the propper ported cylinder.

CA are lovelly. CYMA are great for stripping I like them for that, not used one in the field though so I can't tell you if they compare to the CA.

The SHS 13:1 CNC gen 2 are rated to M180. Not tried it though I have with an M150.

Really for speed and MP5K you may be better to have a battery sling, then you can fit a fet above the gear box and a nice 14.8 in the sling....What you don't fancy a 14.8?...lol.

Best advice yet......Don't listen to Josh...lol...He needs to do more research...
                      Last edited by North West Outpost; 18 June, 2011, 00:12.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Yeah I 2nd the nightmare that tm m5`s are

I take appart tm g36c`s and m4`s all day long and even mess around with my top m249 with a pgc gearbox in it, even a jls f2000 Ive rebuilt a few times but my tm mp5 sd5 is stuck shooting full auto and I refuse to take it apart to fit it its all plastic and theres so many screws lol

I like to hit things and I know I`ll brake it again lol

Midas maybe BB hose wants to join out little rof race ? Get a dsg kit BB and come and play lol

I think 13:1`s and a good motor with a 7.4v bat will give him a good rof, add a mosfet and a stick 11.1v and that should be high 30`s maybe low 40`s ?

Midas I dont think most people have seen many guns over 30rps in person when they say bb hose they think 25 to 28 rps

People aren't like you with your 14.8v rigged up to your dsg with 13:1`s crying when you only hit 72rps because you really really wanted to get 100rps this time lol

Or like me when I 1st started and made a custom 24v battery out of car bats and got my stock mp5 to go 30 or 40rps for about 2 seconds before the spur gear turned to dust who knew an eg700 had that in it ? lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks very much for your advice guys I totally appriciate it.
                          I must confess I don't know what dsg stands for and I don't know much about lipos at all.
                          Ok, so my Inital internals are clearly not the best idea and you guys don't rate the TM.
                          Could you all please provide a parts list for how you would go about doing an awesome PDW, Rof doesn't have to be INSANE but suitably hose-ey and fps would need to be around 330-350. Rough price cost would be usefull aswell thanks, impress me guys

Comment

I'm also wanting the same thing but at 300 fpsish, so this thread is helpful!

Comment

dsg stands for dual sector gear, unless you have some experience with technical work you dont want to get into that right away it will very basically mean your gun will fire twice as fast as it would on an average 16:1 set up but it takes a bit of know how. Im about to start my 1st dsg well I finished the piston at work today lol

I think Midas`s CA mp5k on a lipo is a good idea you`ll get 27rps

Or I think Id buy a cyma one myself and do this

13:1 gears

piston with 2nd and 3rd tooth removed

polly piston head

what ever o ring made it seal best (I have a large set)

a nice fast but tourqe`y motor maybe an element high speed or max torque

Id get a mosfet with no braking and then find the best 11.1v or 9.9v bat that would fit into my gun

With the 9.9v Id not have the mosfet

Errm I only know hk prices really

Id take a guess that a cyma mp5k is what £100 to £140 in the uk ?

gears are what £15 to £20 ?

shim set like £3 to £6 ?

piston about £9 to £15 ?

motor £30 to £40 ?

just glue in the stock busings or you could shell out for bearings as I think a cyma one is 7mm ?

how much is a good 9.9v or 11.1v stick bat ? £15 to £25 ?

Id put say an m110 to m130 spring to keep the fps up and may consider short stroking it but Id think 13:1`s with an 11.1v lipo and a good motor will get you around 35 maybe 40rps

I personally give anything over 30 "hose" status as it can empty an m4 hi cap in 10 seconds, others will say 22 or 25 is a hose.

you could just buy a CA one and stick 13:1 gears and a mosfet in it and shave a tooth or 2 off the piston maybe fit sorbo to it

Mosfet £20

gears £20

then just rock a 9.6v or 9.9v or 11.1v stick bat

Theres lots of options I think you need to watch reviews and see what you can get and think about how much work you want to do or pay someone else to do for you.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BB_Hose Find out more about BB_Hose
                              Working...
                              X