RC-XD With flashlight and more..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC-XD With flashlight and more..

I'm going to strip down my RC-XD rebuild it with stronger protection.
    Attach some Rails, I'll put a torch on the rails. Then I may possible attach some kind of grenade to it, or a rubber knife, then I just drive into people.

Any other Ideas?

Strap a remote det claymore onto it :D
    Thats gonna get the OAPs whining...lol

Comment

Re: RC-XD With flashlight and more..

+1 to the claymore!
      Originally posted by Tiercel
      The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by Slumzy View Post
        Any other Ideas?
        Play less COD

Comment

Originally posted by Slumzy View Post

Any other Ideas?

Next time you have an idea like that, leave it in the toilet....
          Originally posted by Bluegill
          5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

I think the best idea would be to stop flaming the bloke. Fair play to him for trying something a bit different, i mean god forbid we try something new. Yes it is a bit CODish, and i know people love to hate COD but realistically it is a brilliant idea for urban warfare, think of it as an armed recce device that takes advantage of an oppurtunity to destroy the enemy. Dont listen to em mate, they wont be laughing whwn you kil them will they?!
            sigpic

Comment

the problem I can see with this is:

a) Limited range of the RC-XD, so unless youre close by its not going to be much use, in which case why not just shoot them?
              b) if youre rebuilding it with some stronger protection, are the motors etc. in it going to be strong enough to move it with any significant speed?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie013 View Post
                I think the best idea would be to stop flaming the bloke. Fair play to him for trying something a bit different, i mean god forbid we try something new. Yes it is a bit CODish, and i know people love to hate COD but realistically it is a brilliant idea for urban warfare, think of it as an armed recce device that takes advantage of an oppurtunity to destroy the enemy. Dont listen to em mate, they wont be laughing whwn you kil them will they?!
                It's not something new or different, it's something taken directly out of a video game.

I bet he won't be laughing when everyone shoots the shit out of it, or picks it up and points it to run into a wall or something. Me personally, I'd just pick it up and turn it upside down. Or put it in a bucket

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                  Or put it in a bucket
                  Ah ben, that line made my day!

If he wants to do then thats up to him but as soon as i read it, first thought was 'under 18'.

Its not inventive, its a copy from bad boys 2 and where exactly would be controlling it from? Mobile coms centre? Hed need eyes on, and therefore be shot in seconds.

These are the people who give justification to two tones..

Comment

I think that that there is one problem with projects like these (RC cars, Drones etc) - It does give you an unfair advantage. I mean, people can't actually stop this thing with any airsoft gear. So you can drive straight up to them and *boom*. People get really annoyed with this sort of thing and many think it's acceptable to, lets say stamp on it or throw a brick at it and in general feel it's funny to destroy your hard work.

It's a shame really, but it does make any remote vehicle un-usable in airsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                      Its not inventive, its a copy from bad boys 2
                      AND?
                      The whole bloody sport has "copy" written all over it!!
                      Why dont we all slate Panoptes for "copying" the weapons he works so hard to "copy" used by the British army?

We live in a tech era, UAVs are used on the battlefield on a daily basis.

If the OPs project flops then fair enough.
                      But if there isnt anyone out there prepared to give him advice on how to make his project then why comment, i have a funny feeling hes going to have a go like it or not, and i for one now hope he owns the field with it if only to pi$$ off the dinosaurs stuck in the ice age!!

OP
                      Ive seen the RC-XD but not actualy used one, the first port of call for me would be to replace the plastic tyres for rubber ones. (quieter)
                      Maybe quieter motor if you can.
                      Then simply buy yourself a remote det claymore, park it on a high traffic area and as soon as a group pass (or try to put it in a bucket ) BOOM.
                      then when all have gone from the area drive it back to yourself for rearming and reloading.
                      You will have to move both its position and your own on a regular basis as you will get less and less people moving past as they realise whats happening.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                        AND?
                        The whole bloody sport has "copy" written all over it!!
                        Why dont we all slate Panoptes for "copying" the weapons he works so hard to "copy" used by the British army?

If the OPs project flops then fair enough.
                        But if there isnt anyone out there prepared to give him advice on how to make his project then why comment, i have a funny feeling hes going to have a go like it or not, and i for one now hope he owns the field with it if only to pi$$ off the dinosaurs stuck in the ice age!!

OP
                        Ive seen the RC-XD but not actualy used one, the first port of call for me would be to replace the plastic tyres for rubber ones. (quieter)
                        Maybe quieter motor if you can.
                        Then simply buy yourself a remote det claymore, park it on a high traffic area and as soon as a group pass (or try to put it in a bucket ) BOOM.
                        then when all have gone from the area drive it back to yourself for rearming and reloading.
                        You will have to move both its position and your own on a regular basis as you will get less and less people moving past as they realise whats happening.
                        I like this Idea. I like it too much, and can see myself spending lots of money on it...

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                          Tech era? Youre talking tech era stuff not the OP, the OPwas talking about straping a RUBBER KNIFE to the front of a radio controlled car and driving it at people. Last time i checked the last time we did that was when the romans were kicking about......

THAT was my reasoning for disagreement ..... The fact that unless you can get a model plane that can fire accurate bbs, youre not going to be using uavs in AIRSOFT

Comment

Gotta be honest here, if someone tried ramming me with a rubber knife strapped to an RC car, no way in hell would I take that as a kill. If anything Id laugh and turn it upside down, not quite enough of an asshat to break it though :P

Another problem Ive spotted with this, whats to stop someone else using an RC-XD controller to jam yours? If I had one and knew where you were, Id take control of it and put a little post it note on it "return to sender" with a Mk5 strapped to it :P

Comment

THAT was my reasoning for disagreement ..... The fact that unless you can get a model plane that can fire accurate bbs, youre not going to be using uavs in AIRSOFT
                              Um.... hate to burst your bubble mate but not all UAVs are for blowing shit up and killing people. We use a UAV in afghan that is completely unarmed, but still manages to show us ground sign without riskin blokes legs and bollocks.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slumzy Find out more about Slumzy
                              Working...
                              X