something fell out of my gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something fell out of my gearbox

when opening my gearbox up to retime my gears something fell out pics are included I have no clue what it is or where it goes I also can't locate any form of ARL in my gearbox so any help would be grand

Your ARL is at the top of the 2nd picture.
    Without having the box in front of me though cant for the life of me remember where that part goes.

Comment

Re: something fell out of my gearbox

yea but inside my gearbox that part was not there... where should it go

Comment

It goes on the front next to the circuit board, above the wires. A spring should keep it pulled backwards, so when you clip the gearbox together it is pushed clockwise (on your pic) to lock the front of the gearbox

The spring should push it anticlockwise so the flat bar part of it is pointing upwards, if you get me. The pic above shows it under tension "locking" the gearbox

Comment

Well nvm now my dad got hold of it and something has snapped so its looking like my mum is going buy me a new gun

Comment

Cheers for that mate tho I am getting this gun repaired but its going be a big job as bugger knows whats broken

Comment

You are never more than a £50 gearbox away from a working gun

Comment

What snapped?

Comment

The following bits "fell out" when my dad got hold of it

Comment

Originally posted by Acid View Post
                    The following bits "fell out" when my dad got hold of it
                    From left to right. Trigger safety latch (broken) Selector switch spring. Shim?

There is a small odd looking spring that goes with the safety latch. DO NOT LOOSE IT. They are almost impossible to get and are unique to the 3 round burst gearbox.

Comment

balls.... I have no idea where that mite of gone...

Comment

Trust me on this because I Really do know what I am talking about. If you do not know exactly what you are doing under no circumstances should you take the ICS Three round burst gearbox apart.

There are almost no spares for that gearbox in the UK and it contains many unique parts that you just can't buy at the moment. Plus it is a temperamental son of cow!

Why did you open it?

Comment

I took the gearbox out to make an adjustment to something stopping it feeding thats when i noticed that the gear was not letting my tappet plate into the gearbox correctly meaning that it was forcing the air nozzle to be constantly pulled back

I am the careful person I was just going to adjust the gear then close it back up the catch thing came lose so i was reading how to put it back on thats when my dad started messing and before i could stop him he had broken it

Comment

I took the gearbox out to make an adjustment to something stopping it feeding thats when i noticed that the gear was not letting my tappet plate into the gearbox correctly meaning that it was forcing the air nozzle to be constantly pulled back
                            OK firstly you appear to be trying to fix a problem that does not exist. When you tried to close the gearbox the tappet plate would not go back in because the sector gear was in the wrong position. To correct that you push forward on the ARL Arm that is visible as a lateral bar that sits just above the lower gearbox behind the sector gear. Once forward you can turn the gears so that the sector gear has no teeth visible at the top. Then the tappet plate will sit correctly when you close the two halves.

If the gun is not feeding and the tappet plate is not chewed up or broken then it is not the tappet plate. Far more likely is that the Magazines are not feeding or you have the Hop to far on. Obviously I cant say for sure but of all the 3rnd burst guns I have had in non have had feed problems due to the tappet plate.

I am the careful person I was just going to adjust the gear then close it back up the catch thing came lose so i was reading how to put it back on thats when my dad started messing and before i could stop him he had broken it
                            I have no doubt that you are a careful person! But as you did not appear to no what parts of the gearbox are what then perhaps you should not have gone to far into it let alone have your dear old dad take a look. :D

I deal with these guns Alot! So if I can help please ask.

Comment

I am hoping that the spring is somewhere in the gun

I am pretty gutted but his approach was rather gun hoe I asked my mates none of them knew that the sector gear could be moved without opening the gun my god I wish I knew that sooner

just so I know what does this odd shapped spring look like?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Acid Find out more about Acid
                              Working...
                              X