Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GWS 556 for TM 552 full gun or parts?

Hello Guys,

I have a GWS 556 conversion kit. Through luck really, as I got it off a mate who wasn't going to use it. I'd like to use this, and as I understand it, it is to convert a TM SIG 552 into the 556 variant.

I guess my question is, do I need the full TM 552 to do this, or is there a cheaper DIY approach/solution, where I could build up the rest of the weapon with parts?

It seems to me I will be replacing a lot of the original weapon minus the internals, grip and trigger parts.

The conversion kit comes with the following parts if it helps:

1x SIG-556 full metal upper receiver with top mount rail
    1x SIG-556 full metal lower receiver with mag release catch
    1x New style M4 tactical telestock with metal buffer tube
    1x SIG-556 Fiber reinforced handguard set with 2x side & bottom rails
    1x Metal receiver block with steel outer barrel & flash hider

Just curious, If I have to hunt out a full 552 for it, then I will. But it might also be fun and educational, if it were possible to build up from parts.

I have experience with stripping, rebuilding and replacing parts on ICS weapons. But not done many conversions.

Thanks
    L

Re: GWS 556 for TM 552 full gun or parts?

A very rare kit u have there sir, am a bit envious too, ive got the king arms 556 and it certainly turns heads

but its gonna be alot cheaper and easier to get your self a whole 552 off here, as there are alot of tiny little bits like the gearbox fire selector gearing and bits like this etc that u are unlikely to get hold of it u was to build up from parts, ive seen a few good tm 552's go on here between £100-£150

be nice to see a pic once its all finished too =)
    sigpic

Comment

Re: GWS 556 for TM 552 full gun or parts?

Okay, I'll get hunting for a TM 552 then I'll post pics when the project is complete.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lengle Find out more about Lengle
      Working...
      X