Flash mag problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash mag problems

I recently bought a new isoft flash mag. However, it doesn't work correctly and I don't know why. I pour in 0.25g bbs (about 300), I then pull the cord 9 times and use it. It feeds fine in my M4 but only about 30 bbs come through and it needs winding again. What's wrong? Any help appreciated.

Re: Flash mag problems

Hi when you say you are pulling the cord 9 times is this right out as far as it will go ?
    From memory I probably wind it about that many times for a complete mag but the full length of the cable if you see what I mean.
    On mine I can tell when it is fully wound as the tension changes and the rachet starts clicking and I know not to wind any further.

Thinking about it when I first got this mag I had problems with feeding it was fine on semi but full auto it was very unreliable.
    I tried different makes and weights of BBs that made no difference.
    My other normal hicaps and midcaps all fed fine.
    Then suddenly it just started working fine no more problems to date and I have owned it now since Nov 2010.
    I bought it new and on speaking to those I bought it from they wondered if a small peice of plastic or something had got lodged somewhere stopping it from working properly and then dislodged and so now working fine. They were quite happy for me to return it as they too were bemused as they said they hadn't had a single other failure at that point and they wanted to check it themselves but I never had to return it as it started working.

Hope this is of some help Foxxy.

Comment

Yeah I am pulling it the full length. I could pull the cord 9 times or 20 times and it still only loads the same amount. I might open it up to look for something, are there any guides for reference (don't want to ruin it further)?

Comment

From memory on my mag as I said for a complete wind till the ratchet starts clicking probably 6-10 certainly not 20.
        When you have wound it do you feel a change in tension or hear any change in tone ?
        If you are fully winding it then I can only think the either something is either jamming or stopping the mechanism part way.
        Or possibly the spring may be broken part way along it allowing it to be wound so far and so possibly thats why you are only getting so few rounds.
        Other than that I am afraid I have no further ideas.
        How long have you owned it ?
        Is it not possible to return it to the retailer ?
        For goodness sake be careful if you do open it up, I have no idea what its like inside and you only get 1 pair of eyes !

Comment

You are holding the mag the right way up when winding right?!

Comment

Email the guys at Lonex, they speak english and have been very helpful in the past

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chopa17 Find out more about Chopa17
            Working...
            X