m14 Socom to Old School conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m14 Socom to Old School conversion

Hi guys a while a ago I bought an m14 socom, and now that I have my nam kit I would like to turn it backwards.
    I basically not not have much knowlege about airsoft guns, but think an external coversion would not be too difficult. The gun is to be specific a CYMA m14.

Firstly what parts would I need, obviously the external barrel housing , the stock and heatshield (unsure whether to keep the internal barrel or get a slighlty longer one). Is that all? I could do the bolt as well so I would have markings (but not too bothered, and well at least it dosent have socom written on the bolt like the tm ones)

For the stock, would a real steel one be difficult to covert? I know it is not too bad for GBBS apparently but AEGs? I would like a real wood stock (by this I mean no plastic fake wood).

Any rough cost estimates would also be good, or if anyone has any of the parts I will require.

Ok thanks guys for reading my first ever post on Zero in. Any help would be much apperciated
    sigpic

Никто, кроме нас
    Nobody, but us

Outer barrel conversion kit yes, not sure about actually finding a whole new bolt! might be best to hunt for a dead TM m14!

Inner barrel leave it as it is, otherwise you will get an fps bump, difficulty changing it back if you fancy, and no better accuracy!

Wood stocks are available for aeg m14s and are around £80. So get one of them. A real steel stock wouldn't fit

Comment

Re: m14 Socom to Old School conversion

Can be done not difficult but also not really worth doing sell the socom buy a long version then sort out the stock real steel can be converted to fit there are even vn issued ones available from time to time

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys will look more into finding parts and gun prices, but if you got any let me know! Will just go and pop a thread in the classified section now.
        sigpic

Никто, кроме нас
        Nobody, but us

Comment

Going to be posting a split M14 (long version) in about half an hour mate. I'll drop you a link.

Comment

you might aswell throw in the long barrel, why not? shouldnt change the fps. might need a cylinder conversion but i dont think so. all you would need is the outer, innner, flash hider and maybe gas bolt thing

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Random_Bloke Well I have been airsofting for some years now in Guernsey, I have a great intreset in old kit Find out more about Random_Bloke
            Working...
            X