Front sight dot paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front sight dot paint job

I recently got a WE 4.3 desert warrior and there's one thing that's bugging me.
    The front sight has no dot on it whilst the rear sights do. Guessing by the name it has a tan paint job and the front sight is tan, the sight itself has the indentation for putting a dot there so i want to put one there myself. What is the best kinds of paint to do this with and in the smallest can of paint I can, even if it's a sample can. I know how I'm gonna do this, spray a coat on a pice of paper, get a tooth pick and dab it in the wet paint and fill in the dot that way.

So yeah best paint for the job would be cool.

P.S, sorry is this is in the wrong place.

Re: Front sight dot paint job

If you want it to be a white dot then what about tipex?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_Fred View Post
      If you want it to be a white dot then what about tipex?
      Yep a tip-ex pen.... Used it on my guns a few times!
      G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

I tend to use a base layer of white acrylic, then the strongest glow in the dark paint (the V10 stuff), which I allowed to separate from whatever the oil/varnish they use is, so it's just the pure crumbly stuff.

Finally I cover it all in a coat of clear nail varnish to prevent it chipping off. Have done it to two of my guns so far, works really really well.

Oh, and of course it needs to dry fully between each stage.

Comment

I like the idea of glow in the dark, may have a wack at doing that :D

Comment

Done using humbrol fluorescent model paint. A small pot cost me few quid some years ago from a DIY shop. I've also used it on the numbers of a dive watch and it lasted for ages, despite being in sea water.

I deepened the dots a little using a small drill bit, turning it by hand. Then simply used a very small paint brush to put small dots of paint into the holes until the paint came up to the level of the sight's surface.

Keep the gun facing downwards to stop the paint running out while it dries.

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DECKTRON Deck, 19, male, In college, and in need of a job :( Find out more about DECKTRON
            Working...
            X