• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stripped thread, need a quick fix

Good luck!

Comment

I would have rethreaded the hole with a bigger thread, and potentially put in a helicoil. But then I have the tools to do that...

Comment

The nut and the epoxy proved to be a success, thanks again guys

Comment

That won't be very durable. Get a bit of threaded rod and cut it to the right length, put a nut either side of the female threaded portion? Won't have to rely on araldite then :p

[NUT]{THREADED PART}[NUT](--------------THREADED ROD--------------)

Would that work?
          Buy my stuff!

Comment

I had the same problem and just used a nut to keep it in place. It's difficult to get a socket in there but if you use a flat head screwdriver you can "Wedge" the nut to keep it from turning as you tighten. I used a washer and lock washer so I could torque it down nice and tight!

It won't go anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
              I would have rethreaded the hole with a bigger thread, and potentially put in a helicoil. But then I have the tools to do that...

Same, I don't know what I'd do without my tools ( mabey not get as much ear ache of my mum for spending insane amounts on snap-on and such ) :D
              Originally posted by Tiercel
              The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

you have a few option`s one is tap a thread of a bigger size and use a bigger bolt

the other option is to use epoxy or ptfe tape to take up space and get it stuck in there.
                sigpic
                Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

grey Find out more about grey
                Working...
                X