Charged Lipo battery with regular charger >> Lipo has swollen up :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charged Lipo battery with regular charger >> Lipo has swollen up :p

I bought a new extra Lipo 20c 1300m (17£) and went to a skirmish yesterday. Neither a cashier (a lovely girl who apparently does not play airsoft herself) nor I had any idea that charger was a Regular one(it looked Pro to me). So there I was charging my lipo with a regular charger. after an hour or so charger beeped saying that the battery is charged. Lipo was swollen at least 1.5 times of its previous size.(luckily it didn't catch a fire).
    So my question is if there is a way to charge your lipo on a budget(something in 20£ range) Do I need a power supply for a charger or just a AC/DC cable should do? I got this

Thank you very much,

Re: Charged Lipo battery with regular charger >> Lipo has swollen up :p

Get that one, from the shop that sells components, with the ac power plug for a few quid more, less than £20! Bargain!

Do not use or charge that batt again, dispose of properly, it's shagged, possibly you charged it on a nimh charger, did it plug in via the little 3pin White chock block, or did ou charge it via the red and black wires via a tamiya connector or the likes?

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
      Get that one, from the shop that sells components, with the ac power plug for a few quid more, less than £20! Bargain!

Do not use or charge that batt again, dispose of properly, it's shagged, possibly you charged it on a nimh charger, did it plug in via the little 3pin White chock block, or did ou charge it via the red and black wires via a tamiya connector or the likes?
      Small white chock block

Quite scared now of using lipo's again... thinking of going to NIMH batteries.

Comment

Lipo's have to be treated with a little respect, but are pretty stable, I've seen nimhs go bad and split, one down my mates back, and leave some nasty burns.

If they get dented, dont use them, and if they get wet, they can and will go bang! Any squadies who has used the rare 24hr 352 patrol batteries "back in the day" will tell you they were great fun, lobbed in a puddle once "flat"

Comment

yeah dont use that battery again, look into rc lipo chargers too may find what your looking for i use them brought one from the model shop i used to work at.
          i believe the little white chock block is for balance charging

Comment

You should go down Maplins, they got some really good stuff down there relating to batteries etc

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ixil Find out more about ixil
            Working...
            X