DIY Loudener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Loudener

Hey guys and gals, here's a little thing I'm trying at the moment: making a Loudener. There's a few on the market, one of which that is basically a method of screwing a bottle on to the suppressor thread, others that are just a simple method for loudening.

My gun is a TM Mp5K (PDW, but stripped down to almost regular Mp5K dimensions), and after the GZ weekender I've felt like having a play with adjusting the volume, based on a loudener I heard in the field on the weekend.

Now what I'm trying, is to find the best DIY method.
    So far I've tried:
    - Coke can the ringpull end removed by can opener, and a hole just wide enough for the suppresor thread to screw onto.
    This method gives a really different noise, similar to the one I heard on the GZ Weekender. Downside is, the aluminium is obviously really vulnerable.
    -Coke bottle hole in the bottom carved, and top end cut.
    More resistant to damage, but not so loud...
    -Small Oil Filter this is a metal thing, almost the right dimensions for an exact replica, and made of stiff aluminium is light but durable. Makes a good sound, though quieter than the can.
    -Large plastic fuel funnel now this was just for fun, as it's about 1.5 foot long, 0.5 wide in it's largest place... But hell it was loud!

Anyone tried this before?
    [i](Note: if this is not to your taste, please don't negatively post - I'm looking for constructive ideas, not people asking why I'd want a louder gun )

Re: DIY Loudener

Try a mcdonalds drink cup mate.

Comment

The 'fire pig' does this by using a cone effect hidden within a silencer. (Plus I assume some crazy science I don't understand!)

Maybe try to replicate this? Problem is your silence will end up with a stupidly large end, making it look like a paintball gun!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
        The 'fire pig' does this by using a cone effect hidden within a silencer. (Plus I assume some crazy science I don't understand!)

Maybe try to replicate this? Problem is your silence will end up with a stupidly large end, making it look like a paintball gun!
        Hehe that's one of my problems I'm coming against! So far my little oil filter seems to be my best option - I'll get a photo in a bit.
        It changes the noise from a low thwop to a high crackey-pluck for want of a better expression!

@chrisn92: that'd probably have a good effect, though like the can I think it may be a little fragile

Comment

Once when i wanted to see what my G3SAS would look like with a short silencer, i had an old bike stunt peg(off of an old GT bmx bike i had).
          I put it over the thread and screwed the flash hider inside to secure it, that made it a fair bit louder(made it a fair bit front heavy to though).
          Just thought i'd add that to the list for you to try.

Comment

buy a cheap short silencer remove the end cap and the foam inside, hey presto i did this just to see what i would sound like, it was loud not reallly my thing but cant knock anything till you try it

Comment

my gun was one of the one you would of heard at the weekender i have a king arms silencer and adam666 has said exactly what i did .
              doesnt sound that good just a break from the norm .
              Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...945#post233945

Comment

best results ive had was from either half a plastic drink bottle, or a small pringles can with a whole in the metal base.
                Custom M4
                TM 1911

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

acra Find out more about acra
                Working...
                X