COBRA radio pin problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COBRA radio pin problems

heya guys just bought some cobra radios i already have a throat mic set up on a 2.5mm jack. it works in an old cheapy no name radio with the same connector port but it doent work in the new cobra's it just comes up with the communicating icon all the time the jack is in the socket what the hell do i do now? this is so damn annoying why dont they make the whole radio connector thing more simple

Re: COBRA radio pin problems

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
    heya guys just bought some cobra radios i already have a throat mic set up on a 2.5mm jack. it works in an old cheapy no name radio with the same connector port but it doent work in the new cobra's it just comes up with the communicating icon all the time the jack is in the socket what the hell do i do now? this is so damn annoying why dont they make the whole radio connector thing more simple
    Is it on VOX? Maybe the throat mic's more sensitive or something...
    Others till I die

Comment

Me and my friends have sets of Cobra's, we have found that only cobra headsets tend to work with the cobra radio's, like you have said, even with a perfect fit, it just constantly acts as if you are speaking through it when you are not, and when you do you get no response. Best bet is to acquire some cobra headsets, they arent overly expensive and do the job. The over the ear loop ones with a headphone are the best ones you can get and shouldnt be more than say £8. Hope this helps.

Comment

NOOOOOO!!!!! why???? ive just spent over 30 quid trying to get this flaming throat mic right and working correctly and now this haha perfect!

thanks guys

Comment

Have to agree with Razza. I ended up ditching my Cobras for Motorola - the Cobra socket seems to be a non standard one and only Cobra headsets work. It's a shame because they are cracking little radios You could try Maplins for an adaptor - they sell Cobra radios.

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :/ Hope you can find a solution, if so they are great for the money

Comment

i think what im going to try and do is butcher a cobra one and steal the pin and connect it to my throat mic :D haha

only in airsoft

Comment

Try the mic in an xBox controller, if it works then there is yout problem. The pinouts are different; you can buy replacement jacks from Maplin for a couple of quid.

Comment

I had a set of cobras and bought the bouncer style covert ear piece and mic for it, it was a 2 pin job and worked perfectly, it was made for Kenwood connectors.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                  Working...
                  X