Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please! m249 feed cover

hi
    iv just received my m249 feed cover with rail, but im not to sure on how to remove it.

PLEASE HELP

Re: heelppp please! m249 feed cover

you should be able to get a big screw driver and knock that pin out a hammer might help too

Comment

Yeah, that pin should just pop out.

Comment

just to add i had one on my old G36 stock (bit of a bad comparrison) but it just slipped out when you hit the pin, quit alot of things that move on guns have pins holding them in

Comment

Before you go blootering anything with a hammer, I can't remember of the top of my head but there might be a small semi circular metal disk thats clipped onto the pin.

Make sure to take this off before trying to hit the pin other wise it'll probably just bend out of shape and your pin won't move anywhere.

Comment

doesnt really come out thats the problem. ill give the hammer a try tomorrow evening

Comment

On my A&K M249 there's a small circlip just before the spring. It's just the other side of the first bit of green feed cover on your photo. Basically between green and spring.

Please remove that before the hammer treatment :eek:

Comment

Re: help please! m249 feed cover

thank u all soo much 4 the help, didnt see the pin, that was wat was stopping me from takin the big pin out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chowder Head View Post
                  Before you go blootering anything with a hammer, I can't remember of the top of my head but there might be a small semi circular metal disk thats clipped onto the pin.

Make sure to take this off before trying to hit the pin other wise it'll probably just bend out of shape and your pin won't move anywhere.
                  oh yeah, should have said that too XD i've got one of them on my M15 dust cover, the good thing is their cheap to buy new ones!!!! i get them off by putting a screw driver at either side and pushing, sometimes it takes afew attempts but it works for me

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Support Gunner Gilome Find out more about Support Gunner Gilome
                  Working...
                  X