Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp5 gearbox

this may sound stupid to you lot !!
    is there any other body a jg gb would fit ??
    i believe they are a v2 but are they the same as the m4 ones ???
    many thanx
    sam
    Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...945#post233945

Re: mp5 gearbox

yes mate they are the same , i think the only difference in the two is the selector plates but they are easily removed and changed over ,

so yes the mp5 gear box with fit in anu other mp5 apart from ics which i think are different but im not sure as never opened one up ,

and yes they will fit in most m4 bodies once the selector plate is changed over , but not ICS, SYTEMA, and gas ones .

hope it helps

Comment

I'd like to see this so called proof which makes ICS MP5 shells non compliant with other gearboxes. They're only differen't because it's a different split mechanism, similiar to the G3 which makes takedowns alot easier. Other than that they fit fine.

I'm assuming what you're trying to do here is put V2 MP5 Gearbox in an M4 straight swap.

That won't work if you don't change the selector plate, but if you do that you can drop it straight in, if you change the cylinder length to match the barrel too.

There's a reason why all Version 2 gearboxes, are version 2 gearboxes. They're all the same.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

I have had my reinforced Systema V2 in a MP5 TM, ICS and Classic Army (B&T) Shell.

The V2 will fit all them, and M4's and anything else that runs a V2. As previously stated, the cylinder may have to be changed to match the barrel capacity, the selector plate will need to be swapped to a M4 one, and maybe the air nozzle to match the hop up unit.

Comment

many thanx to all.
          any idea where i could get a selector switch from ??

Comment

Only place we can tell you is Zero One! (Being their forums and all!) :D

Give them a ring, I'm told their standard £6.99 postage rate applied by the website is reduced for smaller items like that.

Comment

nice one jagillham .
              will get it sorted .
              have managed to get hold of a dead m16 to put it in.
              what exactly am i going to have to do to the cylinder for this ?? if anything .
              sam

Comment

youve forgotten to mention the trigger as well as the selector plate n air nozzle needs to be changed if its an mp5 box going into an m4 receiver
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I think the MP5 trigger will work, might not be visually correct? (correct me if I'm wrong)

In answer to the OP, I'll go right back to basics.

The cylinder is just that, a metal cylinder. The piston head comes forward forcing all the air out of the space down the barrel. The longer the barrel, the more space (volume) of air needs to be sent down to shift that BB forward.

So, depending on the length barrel you intend to use, depends on what kind of cylinder is required.

Comment

technically the trigger will work but trust me on this,it is too short for the M4
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

ok i understand about the cylinder length kind of .
                      mp5= short barrel
                      m16= much longer
                      so more air movement needed .
                      i think the m6=16 im getting has a dead gearbox in it so i might be able to use some bits in that .
                      i.e. possably the trigger assembly ??
                      thanks again
                      sam

Comment

To simplify it, The 4 main types of cylinder are;

In relation to where the port is (how far the hole is from the front of the cylinder)
                        1/1 non ported
                        4/5 Ported
                        3/4 Ported
                        1/2 Ported

M16 uses a non ported cylinder, for an MP5 (229mm Inner barrel) you will want the 3/4 ported cylinder for optimal energy transfer.

As said, the V2 shell is the same all round, the only parts that are different are the parts uniquee to the design of the gun, Selector plate, Trigger, Airseal nozzle and Cylinder.
                        dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

swill Find out more about swill
                        Working...
                        X