MGL-40 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL-40 conversion

Hi guys... after seeing transformers and one or two other recent films, and completing Far cry on the 360, I was itching for an MGL-40 stye weapon (CAW meets M4)... I also hoped this would overcome the fact that a loaded CAW launcher is very heavy on the arms and quite impractical in a gaming environment.

I made a mock up of a mount to connect an M4 stock to the CAW launcher out of plasti-card, using all the left over bits from my time working for Games Workshop (urgh)...

A friend of mine took this to a local fabricators and shotgun enthusiast who tried to make it in Aluminium for me. It took us a while to get one that worked, taking parts of my design, and parts he modified for himself. The process was a little more costly as the thread had to be machined by hand and the screw holes had to rather specifically placed. The finished piece is a solid block of Aluminium, a new set of screws (replacing the ones that hold the trigger area of the CAW together) and a locating screw when sits on the thread of the stock to hold it tight.

The stock screws on and off for ease of transport, once screwed n the large silver screw is wound up against the body of the weapon to hold it steady.

Some pics of the finished product...

The stock screw...

Screwing the stock on and tightening the screw...

The finished product...

Stock is shown above on its shortest setting (I have little arms) but is fully adjustable as on an M4 (Actual stock used is a Dboys one).

The balance is perfect (it took a few prototypes to get it so), but this makes the weapon actually usable in a gaming environment, and allowing 3 point slings etc to be used in the same way as you would onan M4 with the aid of a RIS sling point for the front end. Add the M4 carry handle as shown above for effect and off we go. Weighs a ton loaded!!!!

Feedback is welcome!

Shep

Re: MGL-40 conversion

nice work personaly ild make it fit in better by curving the top of the metal :D
    Custom M4
    TM 1911

Comment

I think it would look better without the carry handle and you could spray the metal black, otherwise good job

Comment

Hi guys,

we tried a curved top but it won't work. The block is almost completely filled with the stock tube. The way you see it is the best way to ensure mechanical strength.

As for the colour, it will be sprayed black... I left it silver so it showed up better for the photos ;-)

Comment

Black is a must but maby add a slight edge to one side as it looks rather umm...
          odd :P still great work
          Custom M4
          TM 1911

Comment

im pretty sure you can actually buy a mount for m4 stocks on these

seen a few custom ones including CASV rails fitted to the front

however, nice work there bud - but definatly replace the carry handle with a red dot / eotech or flip up front and read sights or something

seems silly to only have a rear sight with no front sight
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

great work matey, good effort!

Dont be stupid and put red dots or other random scopes on it, nade launchers arent direct fire weapons, it would look stupid, a carry handle above the main bulk of weight is simple but perfect!

Comment

The idea of the project was to make the weapon more practical. A red dot is pointless! The carry handle is an absolute must as the weight is horrific when loaded!!

Yes there's a rear sight and no front one... But dies the rear sight get used... No. @Shadowcaptain... Yes there is a mount out there for M4 stocks, however it dies not position the stock correctly and makes it even harder to hold. The top of a stock should run level to the barrel... This one dies.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                X