Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Detach Throw Lever?

Hey everyone,

New T-1 clone arrived today, superb, except for the mount.

Its a tall quick detach one, has a throw lever on it. But it wont budge at all. Theres a weird sort of hook and slot system, thats not at all flexible, and It wont move because of that. To mount it I had to remove the arm and then put it all back together on the gun.

Have I missed something really obvious!?

Re: Quick Detach Throw Lever?

It's sort of hard to describe, but mine has a small grey lever on the main lever. You need to push the grey lever in with your thumb and hold it to "unlock" the throw lever while you open it. If it's a China clone they can be a little stiff, or need a drop of WD40 to loosen - I had a rusty one a while ago that was jammed solid!

Comment

I'm not sure mine even has that! When I took it apart it was literally a shaped lever, with a hollow end, and the mount itself had a shaped end that sticks into the hollow par of the lever. I'm wondering if it's a dummy qd mount rather than a clone working one...

Comment

The other sort I've seen has a kind of ribbed grip on the end of the lever. You can pull this out as if stretching the lever to make it longer. That should unclip it from a little catch on the mount base. You can swing the arm out. Then swing the arm back and press the grip forward again to lock it in position.

Comment

Ah that sounds more like my item. I'll try that over the course of the weekend (it arrived at home whilst I was having lunch)

Here's a picture off eBay.

Comment

That's the fella! Grab that little black ribbed thing on the end of the arm and pull it forwards - as if you're trying to stretch it! It should pull out a couple of millimeters and unlock the throw lever.

Comment

AAAAAAHHHH. I thought you meant upwards. Will give that a go later then!

Comment

OK had a look, it was actually in the out position the whole time! I can push it in. So will definately be a chopping an edge off job to get it to quick detach. Shame, but unsurprising at £25!

Comment

Works now! Gave it one last go last night, and the corner chipped and broke off, meaning it now works as expected. Not sure if it was supposed to do that but hey ho. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Cool. Sounds like it some parts weren't filed down enough when it was made, or they painted it shut Glad it's sorted.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                    Working...
                    X