First custom AEG build advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First custom AEG build advice.

Hi im looking to start my own little project.

Ive got some experience in Bolt Actions, but when it comes to gearboxes and parts for AEG'S im lost.

Looking to build a DMR type from a m4 body. Ive got a SR25 front end with inner and outer barrel, i also have my rear stock and hopup. I dont have anything else. So anyone give me some suggestions on a budget of say £150 for the body, gearbox and motor.

-Needs to be around 340FPS no higher!
    -Needs to be quiet
    -Needs fast trigger response
    -Needs to be Rear Wired.
    -Needs good range and accuracy.

And from you'r experience how hard is a AEG's gearbox upgrade and re-wire?

Cheers guys.

One more thing! Anyone happen to know of any rifle scopes similar to the ones used in the Modernwarfare franchise? (Where you dont have to unscrew a cap to adjust the windage and elevation)

Re: First custom AEG build advice.

Urgh, that will be a pain to set up... Err, well depends if you want to actually want to try and buy it in bits and deal with all the incompatibility issues (real pain in the ass, really!) or just buy yourself a donor gun, which is a hell of a lot easier.

Get yourself a decent 2nd hand metal bodied aeg, preferably same brand as your front end, or something compatible then sell the bits of it you don't need.

Otherwise take a look into the Lonex gearboxes, for a cheapish, lovely gearbox, get yourself a compatible reciever and pray all your bits fit together without the need for a dremel...

Comment

scope wise there are a few what you are looking for is posi click turrets i think most the leopold mk4 replica scopes have them

Comment

Right. Im deciding to keep my M4 body at the moment.

But im looking to buy a larue 12" ris. Someone doesn't know what outer barrel should be used (Me!), and also i would like to buy a QD gas block as ive just ordered my QD silencer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

ermmm... ive seen a few dytac 16" outerbarrels been used

also could by an ascu/raptor/stealth to have crisp gearbox,
          buying a ready build gearbox will be the best bet to save running problems
          also aslong as you avoid ics and a G+G parts for the body etc you should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by r6shooter View Post
            ermmm... ive seen a few dytac 16" outerbarrels been used

also could by an ascu/raptor/stealth to have crisp gearbox,
            buying a ready build gearbox will be the best bet to save running problems
            also aslong as you avoid ics and a G+G parts for the body etc you should be fine
            What would i do with regards to a gas block with the notches?

Im getting a silencer with the same QD as this one http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6582

Comment

just fit the gasblock where the front sight retaining pins sit mate

many aegs one fit

Comment

Originally posted by r6shooter View Post
                just fit the gasblock where the front sight retaining pins sit mate

many aegs one fit
                What i mean is if you look at the picture below, look in the red circle and that's what i mean by the notches in the gas block.

Comment

I am also I this situation where I need to get hold of a gas block with the notches in the red circle above! Does anyone know where I can buy this gas block from?? Thanks

Comment

Sadly I've called this project off. I did buy a front full end from the forums, the guy said he'd refund me a few months back, tried to get in touch with him, nothing. Guess It was just a game of "smash and grab".
                    I don't think I could get the police involved could I?

Comment

So you bought something from him, he later said he'd give you a full refund and then you couldnt get in contact with him a few months after that?

As far as I can see nobody has done anything wrong. (as far as the contract for him to buy it back off you if you didnt agree at the time then its neither here nor there)
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cactus Im a newbie to airsoft, But I do enjoy it. :) Find out more about cactus
                      Working...
                      X