BF3 Stlye Camo Tutorial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Stlye Camo Tutorial?

I know there are a few tutorial for woodland camo and ect that incorporates leaves and foliage techniques but

Pretty simple really, i was playing BF3 and noticed the M4A1 has quite a great veteran look camo and i wanted to know if anyone has attempted and replicated a similar look on there weapon,
    and if they could point me in the right direction?

I would imagine i would Prime and Tan the gun first then use steel wool?,

but im not sure how to achieve the paint Cracked heat look that the weapons have in BF3 MP and SP

Here are some idea's for people who havent played or seen exactly what im on about,

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...e6/BF3_sc7.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...705511848.jpg/

Thanks for any replies for heading me in the right direction

Re: BF3 Stlye Camo Tutorial?

Man, after all the effort they've put in on the models, the rails and that square torch just looks lazy and old.

The two pics look a bit different, first looks like it actually has subtle stripes, whereas second just looks like a paint job with dirt on it.
    First pic - base layer tan/khaki, they spray on some brown stripes from a bit of a distance so you get the blurred edges
    Second pic - base layer tan/khaki, then perhaps splatter on some black/brown paint.

Comment

Re: BF3 Stlye Camo Tutorial?

Originally posted by Xxerox View Post
      Man, after all the effort they've put in on the models, the rails and that square torch just looks lazy and old.
      True the Rail and Torch do look very shoddy lol, but i think in full retail release they did fix that and modeled better version since those are both Aplha/Beta versions of the game.

The two pics look a bit different, first looks like it actually has subtle stripes, whereas second just looks like a paint job with dirt on it.
      First pic - base layer tan/khaki, they spray on some brown stripes from a bit of a distance so you get the blurred edges
      I noticed that on the second look through that you are indeed correct that there are actual stripes albeit very subtle, but i would be more after the splatter/cracked look then the stripes

Second pic - base layer tan/khaki, then perhaps splatter on some black/brown paint.

In terms of application, would i take a a paintbrush/tooth brush and flick the bristles towards the gun? giving the splatter look

and any idea on how i would achive the cracked paint look, that some of the guns in SP have other then sticking the gun in the oven and baking lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hello.Mr.X Coming up to my 1st year of airsofting and really enjoying myself, first started out in Paint ball but found the transition to airsoft had much more immersion. Find out more about Hello.Mr.X
      Working...
      X