making a flashlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a flashlight

being the cheap bum i am, wondering would it be possible to make your own flashlight, using say a couple of full beams from a car and wiring them up to a nice strong battery? i only ask cause these seems way to easy to do with little chance of something going wrong and it doesnt seem right

- cheers

Re: making a flashlight

At first glance, I read the title a little differently...
    https://shortoncontent.wordpress.com/

Comment

aha, if you do make one of those, remember to filed down the edges / bad memories :\

Comment

Wow, is this what the forum has come to? If you do decide to build this fantastic flashlight, can you post pictures of it? Also make sure you pitch it to the Dragon's as I am sure they will jump at the chance to invest. You could have a seriously good product on your hands here

However if production costs are too expensive or you find lumping a car battery round to power your "flashlight" too much, I have one that I got in a Xmas cracker you can have for free

Comment

no need to attempt to be a patronising keyboard cunt. people like you, to answer "what has this forum come to" need to fuck off, so what if im being cheap and want a bit of advice on making something simple? if it is of no interest to you dont look in the tech section... moron

Comment

Seriously you post looking for technical help about joining two wires to a car headlight and a battery and you are surprised by my post???

Let's see what the mods think of your use of language on a public forum!!!!!

Comment

no, im asking for help afterwards about making a flashing setting afterwards etc and incorporating the circuit somewhere, also what type of bulbs/led to use etc.
              - yes i am surpised by your responce, firstly because you post a pointless post on a pointless thread, so double standards surely? Secondly because you complain about what this forum is coming to, you're the problem, how do i know this? becaue i've been here almost twice as long as you, so yes people like you're the problem, not people asking for genuine advice

and honestly i couldnt care less about how the mods feel about my use of language, i feel quite refrained actually, because people w/ your temperament piss me right off.

Comment

Hello there! My boss is currently building/designing a super bright diving torch and hes been using a farum out there dedicated to custom torches and batteries to power them! Can't remember what it's called but he said every post he got was 'Helpful' and got so much advise from this farum. I'm sure google will find it, if not I'll find out the name on Monday for you and pm it to you!

Hope this helps

Comment

As your such an experienced user of these forums did you use the search function first? Failing that does your magic box, have a search engine, google I hear is pretty good. Have saved you some time and done a search for you,

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-A-Flashlight!/

Don't say I didn't help you with some genuine advice

Comment

Originally posted by Strebor_7 View Post
                    Hello there! My boss is currently building/designing a super bright diving torch and hes been using a farum out there dedicated to custom torches and batteries to power them! Can't remember what it's called but he said every post he got was 'Helpful' and got so much advise from this farum. I'm sure google will find it, if not I'll find out the name on Monday for you and pm it to you!

Hope this helps
                    probably candlepowerforums
                    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

whilst i admire your ingenuity and desire to perhaps waste a lot of your own time fiddling with parts and wires and solder etc just to make a fairly commonly available item.

i suspect that somewhere like dealextreme would be a good place for you to obtain a light suitable for airsoft purposes that would cost less than 2 ppl eating in kfc for example..

or if you really want something for pennies then go to poundland..

Comment

Originally posted by hotelkilo View Post
                        whilst i admire your ingenuity and desire to perhaps waste a lot of your own time fiddling with parts and wires and solder etc just to make a fairly commonly available item.

i suspect that somewhere like dealextreme would be a good place for you to obtain a light suitable for airsoft purposes that would cost less than 2 ppl eating in kfc for example..

or if you really want something for pennies then go to poundland..
                        only reason i was asking was cause i have access to all of the parts for free, so wondering if engineering something with 1/0 and a strobe would be simple to do, and obv save the money even if its £20 or w.e

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkkU0UO3sek Try to beat that .
                          In all seriousness this is quite interesting... Even though a ultrafire flashlight is only £15 and is very bright.

I don't think a car bulb will works as they need alot of amps to work...

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkkU0UO3sek Try to beat that .
                            In all seriousness this is quite interesting... Even though a ultrafire flashlight is only £15 and is very bright.
                            Good luck on trying to get that mounted to a 20mm rail on a gun, - (Assuming it's for a rifle rail system)

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
                            I don't think a car bulb will works as they need alot of amps to work...
                            That is indeed correct, the main issue that comes down to making a flashlight would be A(what type of Bulb, B(The power source, and C(The size and application of said flash light,

I would highly suggest trying a dedicated forum that are into DIY stlye projects OR try your local maplin for advice

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnkjvEdeIlc this looks like it might help

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ells Find out more about Ells
                              Working...
                              X