Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Mk46 Box Mag Problems

Hello all!

Right as the title says i've got a Star 1550rd Clothe box mag for a Mk46 SPW and it wont feed, it has fresh AA batteries put in and still the box refuses to power up and feed any BB's anyone with any experience in these could they offer up some help

any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers
    Sam
    .45 Auto Owner

Re: Star Mk46 Box Mag Problems

Star/Areas box mags have a habit of stripping gears or it could be something blocking the bbs from going into the feed tube...

Comment

i have stripped it down to pieces and the gears are in perfect condition and the tube is not blocked, it seems that there isn't any power going to the unit at all even with fresh batteries?
      .45 Auto Owner

Comment

Motor or wiring by the sounds of it then.If the motor is buggered you can get spare ones from maplins...

Comment

Check the wires that run from B-mag to the gun.. the Star system is basiclly 4 wires with 4 holes at the other end... and they just kinda fit in... with no slack so constant moving / disconecting b-box will rip the wire out the gun, easy way to fix it is screw the wires into thier holes and never disconenct the box mag.

Comment

the wires are all kept inside the box mag mate, there are 4 wires but they go from the battery pack (AA) to the motor and from the motor unit to the switch which is activated when the box mag is fitted (guessing this is some kinda auto wind feature?)

so i don't really see how keeping the mag on the gun will help??

cheers
            .45 Auto Owner

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TPM-SMURPHY- Find out more about TPM-SMURPHY-
            Working...
            X