RIS Rail For Star L85 Carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIS Rail For Star L85 Carbine

Good day guys, just a quick introduction. I'm pretty much new to this forum, I live in Liverpool. My names Christian and what not. Now to get to the main part of my thread.

I currently own an L85 A2 Carbine By Star. I know Star do grenade launchers, specifically for their L85s. But what I want to know, do they possibly do a RIS Rail For Star L85 Carbine? Pretty much what it says on the tin.

I have searched google, and other threads and forums, but i want to know the final answer.

Thanks for reading, I hope you can solve my problem.

Christian
    "WE SUSTAIN"- Royal Logistic Corps

Re: RIS Rail For Star L85 Carbine

No is the short answer. Infact, they don't do RIS rals for any of their L85 series, and the company is now defunct I think, replaced by ARES, who make effectively the same guns - just abit better. The RIS rails you see on Star/Ares guns are either real Daniel Defense ones or ACM replicas im afraind, and even those are made for a full size L85, an so wouldn't fit the carbine version. I wouldnt even consider trying to modify one either - it would destroy it.

Comment

ARES always made the SA80 AEGs. Star were just the distributors (who were cut out of the loop by ARES a while back).

Comment

Thanks guys, helped a lot.

Comment

I stand corrected then - I assumed the step up in quality and total disappearence of Star as an entity was due to some outside influence. If you want a RIS on an L86 though you need a full size one basically - not a bad thing, they look so much better than the AFV/carbine.

Comment

rubbish you can fit a ris on a carbine no problem

Comment

really? do i need a type of adapter for it? and also, would i need an outer barrel extender for it? if so, which one?

quite a few questions there, but it would really help if you answered them, thanks guys! -Christian

Comment

The DD or ACM RIS will fit the carbine without modification to the gun or RIS because from the receiver to the gas block both the carbine and the standard L85 are the same length.
                The only difference comes after the gas block, the flashider I believe sits either flush or just inside the RIS.
                If you really did want to change your carbine into a standard length it should just be a case of changing the inner barrel length and changing the outer barrel section after the gas block, to my knowledge there aren't any commercially available outer barrel sections for the Star/Ares L85, the only way that could be done would be either direct from Ares or from someone splitting a standard length L85 for spares, but even then you need to consider what thread is on the outer barrel as from my short experience of Star/Ares some are CW and some are CCW.

To sum up it's probably going to be easier to sell off your carbine and get a full length if that's what you really want, or just put up with the fact that it looks a bit weird with RIS on.

Comment

thank you very much! That helped a lot.

Cheers,

-Christian

Comment

I always thought the carbine receiver to gas block distance was one hole (as in the vents in the green furniture) less than on the full length - I just checked and as said above, it isn't. Seem to have got alot wrong in my answer eh? Oh well...

Could maybe try getting a barrel extension made I guess - although it might not be worth the hassle.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ChristianJones Find out more about ChristianJones
                    Working...
                    X