DIY Silencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Silencer

Hello chaps and chapesses, after seeing a king arms silencer and being impressed by it, I have decided to make my own. I will Upload the pics of the prototype tomorrow as I machine the parts. let me just briefly explain what I am going to do...

I am going to machine two plugs, one with a thread one without. These plugs will go on either end of a Alu tube. Inside the tube will go foam washers of the appropriate size.

sounds easy eh? and once its all machined, It'll be given the good news with the black krylon to make it look a little smarter.

I will be making this silencer to fit my MP5, its going to screw on, in place of the flash suppressor so it should look pretty sweet.

Re: DIY Silencer

not just me thinking of a DIY job then.

yours sonds more tricky

i was just going to remove flash hider and add a longer barrel, inner and outer
    then use plumbing lagging
    wrap it in duck tape and spray it black
    then texture with a little gun metal

only i think mine may look ok but will not last a skirmish

Comment

Will yours function as a silencer CGBully? or just purely be a looks thing? I fully intend mine to work.

Comment

If your mp5's an aeg, which im guessing it is, the silencer will only make a tiny difference in noise reduction.

Most of the noise come from inside the gearbox, and the gun internals, not the muzzle retort. If your wanting it to be very quiet, then try stuffing expanding foam, or cotton wool inside the body of the gun, to absorb sound.
        Cheap Rifle Wrap for Sale!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...798#post371798

Comment

The thread is called "DIY Silencer" because I am going to make a working silencer, not fill my gun with expanding foam.

Comment

Originally posted by russelp View Post
            Will yours function as a silencer CGBully? or just purely be a looks thing? I fully intend mine to work.
            I was just pointing out, that silencers dont "fully...work"

I was only trying to help. No need for the rudeness.

Comment

ok guys look , diy sliencers are ok if you know how to make one work , and are also cash strapped,

I know as i made an over barrel silencer for my L96 and made a stubby silencer for my P90

and they both work silencing the shots , but your never going to have the full effect of a silenced real steel ,

L96- this is made from 6inch of pipe lagging 2.8inch in Diameter, with a 18mm central hole as that part is for a fricton fit to the out barrel , then i inserted that length into a tube which is 10inch long , but on the actuall end/tip of the silencer where the air escapes into , i glued and placed reall silencer material from stores....... added a end cap. wrapped in camo tape then sprayed. pics are on the gun pic thread

P90, only 3inch long , i used an old AEG piston as they are perfect inner diameter for the flashhider spacer once it is removed and is very snug . Swizz cheesed the piston with a dremmel making it have elongated holes/ovals all over , but leaving enough so its sturdy, wrapped silencer foam around the piston taped into place with masking tape as this still lets the air escape due to its non tacky surface, wrapped around til was thicker then the outer case which is a smarty tube (the end with the lid) and due to it being a tight fit it stays on , for the hole in the cap dremmel was called again , all super glued togerther then camo taped then sprayed ..

yes they aren't very nice to look at but its the effects they make , l96 cant be heard until the shot whizzes past your ear , and aribos can agree so can my team mate CROFTY,

p90 works to a degree but you will always have the clack clack from the gearbox next to your ear .

Comment

heres the one i made,cost?nothing.it was an adidas body spray and black tape',saved my new barrel getting biffed til i got a real silencer.lol.:D
                old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

I apologise for my rudeness. Tomorrow I shall post up some pics of my progress.

Comment

Originally posted by russelp View Post
                    I apologise for my rudeness. Tomorrow I shall post up some pics of my progress.
                    no worries, and good luck with your project

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

russelp Find out more about russelp
                    Working...
                    X