TM VSR/L96 Cylinder drilling help [Pics. Included]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM VSR/L96 Cylinder drilling help [Pics. Included]

Ok I have got my gun down to the cylinder and have started drilling into the pin. It is all going good but just not sure how much more I have to drill down. I keep drilling a bit into the pin, then use the wrench combo to try and get the cylinder head off, if it doesn't budge, drill a bit more and so on. I know it's quite hard to tell however how far more would you guys suggest to drill further, before I muck it up :P

Pics so far:

[Might have to buy a new cylinder head with all the scratches on it :/ :P ]

This is what I am using however it doesn't seem very effective at all really ? This might be why it's not coming off? Especially as the wrench doesn't have the tightest of fit on the electrical tape :

Recommendations?
    Cheers for the help guys, much appreciated

Re: TM VSR/L96 Cylinder drilling help [Pics. Included]

I found it was quite a surprising amount that had to be drilled out.

You'll know once you've drilled it out because it is relatively easy to undo.

Never used that technique myself. I tend to use the short end of the allen key and wrap it round the nozzle.

Can't do pics unfortunately.

Might pay to use a slightly larger drill bit. Switch to imperial if you can - anything to give that extra .2-.5 mm. This will clear out the swarf which is likely what is stopping yours coming out.

Clean the holes and give a rub down. No need for a new cylinder IMO.

Andy
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

You only have to drill 3-4mm down mate that is 1.5mm of the cylinder then enough into the cylinder head to cave he edge inwards

Also use the poly protected grips

Basically Mille grips with white plastic instead of metal

Comment

I think its enough, its a bit stiff to unscrew first time try harder
        sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
        Working...
        X