Shreded end screw on cylinder of TM L96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shreded end screw on cylinder of TM L96

Essentially, the end screw (screw holding bolt handle/safety assembly to the cylinder) in my TM L96 is shreded. Don't no how i can remove the bolt handle and replace the cylinder. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Shreded end screw on cylinder of TM L96

anyone??

Comment

Dremel a slot in it and use a screwdriver.

Buy a new bolt handle and fit that to your new cylinder.

Comment

There are no aftermarket bolthandles for this rifle i'm afraid.

Comment

Picture of the offending screw?

If we can't get a notch in for you to unscrew, or make a slot for a larger allen key you will be stuck with buying a new bolt from somwhere (second hand?) and recovering the internals from the old bolt with a hack saw
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

You could drill the head off the bolt and use pliers to pull the rest out. Then its a case of finding an appropriate bolt to go back in.

Comment

You could try tapping a slightly bigger Allen key into the chewed hole with a hammer and then slowly turn the key. Or you could try a screw extractor (specifically an Allen one if available). Or as mentioned above, cut a slot in the head and use a flat head screwdriver, again going slowly.
              You could even try putting some thin material into the hole and pressing the key in really hard.

Comment

A good trick is to put an elastic band in (only one part) and then press the allen key in HARD and turn slowly. The rubber band should help grip and you should be able to turn it on friction alone.
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Rubber band- that was what I should have said! Good job crasstoe :D

Comment

I use it for shredded screws, never occured to me until now that you could do this with allen keys. Better still cut 2 notches into the bolt and use a rubber band and a + head screwdriver, you'll have it out in no time!
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys I will go have a go with an elastic band. Just so your aware, i have already removed the cylinder head from the cylinder, and replaced the internals with a laylax piston, spring guide and cylinder head. The whole point of this is to replace the cylinder with a laylax cylinder which will give more consistency when working in conjunction with the laylax internals.

Comment

Rubber band trick worked an absolute treat Got it out in seconds! Laylax cylinder will soon be on the way. Much thanks guys.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The only black airsofter Half Nigerian airsofter Find out more about The only black airsofter
                        Working...
                        X