Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vsr won't fire

Hi there,

Having some more problems with my vsr. I have now placed in a 120 spring, laylax spring guide and upgraded sears. However, when I cock the rifle, the trigger will not decompress the spring. To decompress the spring, I have to pull the bolt all the way back plus a bit more and push down the little tab for the piston sear.

Not sure of the cause and why this could be happening. Hoping to get the problem sorted for sunday as thats my next game day. Im thinking it could be something to do with the little spring that actually moves the piston sear getting stuck but I'm not sure?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again.
    Chris

Re: Vsr won't fire

I would say try re building your trigger mechanism, could be a spring has flicked out of place or a bit of dirt is in it somewhere.

Normally most things like this can be fixed magically by rebuilding the trigger mech.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

yeh, try rebuilding first.

To clarify, you pull the bolt back, the piston catches and holds. You push the bolt back in and press trigger to fire - but nothing happens?

To release the piston you are having to press the piston sears "arm" for a better word, down to release the piston?

If so - it sounds like something to do with trigger settings.

Try adjusting the trigger pull. Try greasing the top of the trigger itself.

I had a similar issue recently. Basically the angle of the trigger area where the trigger sear rests was angled too much, preventing the trigger to pull - i had to file the top of the trigger.

Comment

Ok, I've rebuilt the trigger mech a couple of times and still no change.

Sniper 1982, exactly right. I will have a fiddle with the trigger setting but don't know if that will help.

There's a small hole on the outside of the trigger mech where I can see part of the trigger and the bottom of the trigger sear. They don't seem to be connecting after the bolt has been pulled back. Could this be the cause of the problem?

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Not sure if you're sorted out with this yet mate but I had pretty much the same problem, turns out my trigger sear was slightly too wide for the trigger assembly & was restricting the downward movement required for it to fire & then return to the original upward position - I filed down the sides of the the guides slightly & it sorted it straight away. I may have a few pics of how I sorted it somewhere, PM me if you need to & I'll get them sent over to you.
          Wanted: Action Army hop chamber and any other VSR upgrades.

Comment

looking through the hole in the side, adjust the trigger pull and stroke so that the bottom of the trigger sits on top of trigger by about 1.5 mm.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chris Jarrold Find out more about Chris Jarrold
            Working...
            X