VSR bolt pulled straight out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR bolt pulled straight out

Hey everyone, I'm buying a new gun it's a VSR gspec, however I have been informed that when the gun was last used the entire bolt pulled straight out of the gun, I think it's to do with either the piston, or something on the trigger mech (that bit that goes behind the piston/spring guide) or possibly some bolts.

I was wondering what you guys might think it is?

Re: VSR bolt pulled straight out

It's above the trigger mech, there's a little pin that pushes into the cylinder, that's just popped out, wedge some foam in between the pin when it's pushed in and the trigger guard
    sigpic

Comment

The Spring Guide Stopper has fell out!

http://www.freewebs.com/basher519vsr...own%20copy.jpg

This usually falls down/out because there's not enough spring tention to keep it in. Basically, the pin is held in underpressure from the spring in the cylinder.

Like what Kaged Wolf said - insert some foam or rolled up tape between the pin and trigger guard.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks guys, also, with a TM VSR, whats the highest spring i can go to without having to replace stuff?

Comment

Well the JG clone runs at 450fps so I would imagine a 130SP spring. After that you'll have to replace the sears atleast.
          Originally posted by psirus101
          I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

TM sears don't go beyond 400 without breaking very quickly, so you're looking at an SP110.

JG however are slightly stronger and will go to about 450 before wearing down and breaking quickly
            sigpic

Comment

Ah thats annoying, well, ill just have to use the default stuff for now

Comment

Thanks for that Kagedwolf, I wasn't sure if the JG ones were stronger.

bengreen, do modifications to increase the fps:
                Put PTFE tape on the cylinder head thread, tie some dental floss on your bucking, and do everything you can to get 100% compression if you haven't already. This will increase your fps.
                I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Do you have a link to those mods? I've done the PTFE one before, but dont you need to drill the cylinder head or something? and i havent heard of the dental floss one, would you recommend the bic pen mod for the hop up?

Comment

I have the biro pen mod and love it. Just make sure you glue it in place (I used Loctite) and sand it down flat, otherwise it will be a bit uneven.
                    Dental floss mod is easy too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInMxQPKyb8
                    And yes, is you have a VSR you have to drill out the cylinder pin. This pin is only there because Japan don't want rifles upgraded because the limit in Japan is 300fps or something!

Comment

Awesome, ill be using .3's (until i go with more power) do you think theres any point in doing the biro mod?

Comment

you can do the biro mod, it's very effective. If your not confident just buy a high elevation hop lever, there's a couple of brands out there.

they are used to lift heavier ammo which helps your accuracy against the wind.

Comment

I use 3's with the biro mod. I'm using Zero One's .30g washed and I can hit pretty far!

Comment

I think ill end up doing that mod too :p

Milo, i've looked up about washing bb's, how do you do yours?

Comment

1. Wash them in Diet Coke (make sure it's diet, or the bbs will just become sticky). This helps get rid of the crappy stuff on there that can supposedly contaminate your hop up rubber.
                              2. Rinse the Coke off with cold water in a sieve.
                              3. Put them in a bowl with hot, soapy water and wash them.
                              4. Put them in a sieve and rinse with cold water.

This is why you rinse them in cold water afterwards:
                              "Rinse your bbs in cold water because cold water is normally at a higher pressure and comes straight from your pumping station. Warm water its at a lower pressure and contains more contaminates from your heating system, and the lime scale deposit ratio is higher"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bengreen Find out more about bengreen
                              Working...
                              X