VSR Hop arm problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR Hop arm problem

Hey guys, first game was today, LOVED IT.

However i noticed with my gun i did the DIY dangerwerks one i think, with the biro mod, however i noticed that when i shoot its swerves to the right around 30m in, and my guess would be that the biro needs to be sanded down more on one side to be more equal, i also noticed that after so far, it doesnt shoot my bullet, just rolls out, should i sand it down around 1mm and then make sure its equal?

Also guys, i am gonna be buying a new barrel, i have the VSR Gspec, should i; A. buy a 330mm barrel (6.03/4) or a 430mm (6.03/4)

Re: VSR Hop arm problem

Make sure the hop up arm is flat. I had a similar issue and had to sand it a little more.
    The most common reason though is your hop up adjuster. The VSR's stock hop adjuster makes your bbs curve right on a LOT of VSR rifles, it's a very common problem. To do this, you need to install a TDC adjuster which means the pressure comes from above the arm, not from the side.

If your bb rolls out of the barrel you need to make sure the notch in the rubber is alligned properly. Here's an image I found a while ago when I also had this problem:

Finally, get the 430mm barrel!

(600th post, and my 17th birthday :D)
    Originally posted by psirus101
    I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Alright mate, ill look at shaving it down a touch, and ive looked at the TDC mod, it really does look interesting and im tempted to try it Nice ill look for a 430 and happy birthday!

Comment

If you get a 430 you will obviously need a silencer.
        Knowledge is power

Comment

Got the GSPEC, use the silencer on it anyway

Comment

I would avoid sanding it down,its likely to cause more problems later. The right hook as stated is more than likely due to the hop design. I would try shimming the hop arm or doing the TDC mod first.

Did you use a bit of biro for the biro mod? generally there to big and your better using the red straw from a wd40 can as its a lot better fit.

You could also try the flat hop mod and remove the nub from the bucking,but you will need to add extra length to the nub if using heavier bbs.
            user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Can i shim the hop with some sort of card? I dont have any metal for it

edit- also, is there a video on the TDC mod? I've looked at a written one and due to me being a visual learner even with the pictures it makes no sense to me -.-

Comment

I've seen people use tin foil before, have you got any of that?

And when my PDI outer barrel arrives I will continue with my TDC video guide, so you could wait until this weekend and I should have the video done then.
                I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Yeah i do, i'll try some of that

Comment

Right, i made the hop biro arm bit as equal as possible, then i shimmed it a bit, i also fitted the 430mm JG Bar10 barrel, went outside to shoot, on full hop it doesnt shoot at all, my guess would be that the arm is pressing on the rubber and the rubber is stopping the bullet. So i had around 1/3 hop and it was shooting relatively straight (given wind etc) at 40m, then around 55~ it drops and goes right, is this still a hop problem, or is 50m pretty much the limit for a stock VSR

Comment

that's probably going to happen if you keep the normal adjuster. You could try re-doing the biro mod and making it uneven to balance out the curve? :D

Comment

I think the hop arm currently is as level as i can get it, i'd say 55m was alright for a stock rifle, i've ordered a load of upgrades (sears, piston, spring etc) and ive also bought a falcon hop rubber, its got a unusual design to it which im gonna test with both hop arms

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bengreen Find out more about bengreen
                        Working...
                        X