L96 well upgrades info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 well upgrades info.

Right, due to my well mb-01 l96 having a pittance for range I've decided to strip it and and give it all new internals.

Now here comes my dilemma, after searching all night for new internals such as a cylinder + head + 3 element piston and spring and spring guide I have only been able to find pss2 variants and I know that some fit some L96 models and some dont as they do have their slight variations, as zeroone is the only site to have these in stock as I can find in the uk I would like some much needed tech advice before I decide to invest in ordering these parts I have also seen an pss96 variety that isn't in so much abundance, but have seen that some people have mixed and matched these on different forums the trouble being they have all been of maruzen model L96. So please help me as I'm stuck I've got a rifle that has less range than a McDonalds straw its got the fps but no range. As far as I am aware the pss96 laylax version is the 1 I need for my model of L96 but am not to sure as the certainty of what type I can install. I know my gun is supposed to be a clone of the maruzen, but I also know that I upgrade fits the maruzen and the other fits my well/warrior, so if this is the case I am screwed if I order Pss2 parts for my gun?

Any feedback or advice will be much appreciated.
    Thankyou
    As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death, (sparkhill,sparkrook,alum rock.etc)
    I shall fear no hadji man!!!

Re: L96 well upgrades info.

pss2 and pss96 parts are the same for the most parts and the maruzen and the well are the same for the most part.
    so you shouldnt have problems fitting pss2 parts(there may be slight variances in parts on the well to maruzen,but nothing drastic)
    i fitted most the upgrades from my maruzen asp2 and my maruzen l96 into a well/warrior l96 to check compatibility.
    springguide
    spring
    piston
    cylinder head(i think,though cant quite rember)
    zero trigger(i fitted my l96 to an aps2 no probs,so should work the other way around and to a well l96)

cylinders are not changeable, due to the bolthandle design
    user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

so me getting a teflon cylinder would just be a waste of money? As I wanna kit the whole thing out properly!

Also if any one knows of a good hop up system and rubber brand plus a good brand of tight bore barrel that don't cost the earth thats acceptable to this gun model please let me know, cheers
      As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death, (sparkhill,sparkrook,alum rock.etc)

Comment

Cheers for the help PMAC, thankyou most appreciated, but I would really like to hear any tips and knowledge facts from people that own an l96 well and have upgraded the life into it, and what make of hard hop bucking fits an l96 well system or am I being naive in knowing that all hop rubbers, have the same design?.

Comment

fitted a pdi 6.01 (tm96) barrel and pdi type 96 hop up chamber into mine with a laylax hop rubber. also a good idea to replace the barrel spacers as the stock ones are foam discs.

Comment

as Eiko said, a tightbore barrel and a decent hop, all you need.

As you said, you have the fps, but no range, so why change random things that wont affect the problem? posh triggers and teflon cylinders wont make it any more accurate or increase range, you'll more than likely push it over the fps limit and render it useless.

Barrel and hop unit, save yourself a fortune, failing that, buy a decent snioer rifle from the off, "you can't polish a turd!"

Comment

the standard rubber is not changable(plus no spares are availible),unless you change the hopunit.
              the pdi unit is good but requires ALOT of tuning.
              a teflon cylinder is worth the money if your looking for longlivity and for the l96 isnt much more than a steel cylinder.you will need one or the other,if you want the gun to last along time.
              you just need to make sure its a version 2 cylinder you get as the well copys are version 2

got to agree with madwelshman on "you can't polish a turd!" .
              ive owned a well l96 and maruzen l96,but stock and fully upgraded,and two aps2 rifles stock and fully upgraded,with over £1000 on upgrades on the l96, and it shot no where near as good as my vsr or my tanaka.yeah the tanaka cost more over all,but i could get a vsr shooting better for £200-300 at the very most
              the maruzen aps based guns arnt the best platform

Comment

Cheers lads/ladies I was none the wiser when I bought it from the shop I asked which was best to start with before hand and every1 said well l96 so I got 1 wishing now I hadn't but its salvegable, so I will fix it then gonna buy a psg 1 just cus it looks cool, any links you know of where to buy the hop system or barrels pm me. cheers

Comment

as pmac said, i'm not trying to knock the well/warrior (I had the warrior 2 in the black box, 440fps out of the box) for what I paid for it, it was a cracking gun, bought it "on the day" at a woodland site near mansfield, must have picked off 20 kills with it, no work done to it, no zeroed scope, straight out of the box, it was geat fun.

Now having owned a lovely m14, and a pimped m16, both outsine the l96 in terms of accuracy and range, and both fire under 350... with cheap upgrades, a tb and hop rubber each... I started doing the cheap upgrades on the l96, looking towards tb's and pdi hop units ect, and gave up before I even started, no gun is worth spending 2, 3, 4 times the value of the initial purchace, to get it to somewhere that your actually happy with.

As a budget sniper, used infrequently, its ace, if the sniping game really is where its at for you, then great, if you are lucky like I was, and got a good one, with a few simple tweaks, its a lovely toy, just dont get caught in the trap of throwing cash at it, when there are better gats out there, straight out of the box, that will serve you better for a little more cash.

Comment

Just been testing my L96, accuracy and range are not too bad in my opinion.

It's stock, unknown FPS but using 0.25g shots I can hit an A4 piece of paper at 40 meters without too much issue.

I have no doubt there are better guns but when you look at what I paid for this it's not bad.

Stripping it down and analysing I found a few issues.
                    * Barrel spacers....enough said really - wound tape is much more accurate in centering the barrel.

* Outer barrel jiggle....in my opinion it's too light, doesn't fit the stock too well either and has no security to the stock. I'm weighting mine by wrapping solder wire around it to give it more resistance to shock and creep in the stock (yes it does work) but also fitting a very tight elastic band to pull the barrel down to the stock.

* Hopup....again in my opinion it's a bit poo. Any accuracy errors are really down to hopup here, everytime I change magazines the hop moves so it's a PDI job going in methinks. On dis-assembly a few parts have broken inside too, poor quality plastic and machining (which leads me on)

* Barrel allignment....is terrible !!! Taking the barrel out of the the outer sheath and the thing bends off to such a degree (mine to the left) I had to put in about 20 turns of windage. It's the hop units fault, hopefuly the PDI one will sort that.

I also took the gun apart and carefully potted the inside with resin to give the stock more rigidity - a lot of shock is stransmitted down it in it's standard form.

With all those faults the thing still fires fairly well.
                    I think with 0.30/6g shots it'll be even better - its the barrel thats going to be the killer though £120 for a 6.01 x 500mm ouch.
                    Wanted: M249 Carry handle, Para outer barrel, Mk1 grips. Swap for M249 parts, damaged, anything considered
                    Trader Rating: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31587

Comment

my point proven! after all those expensive upgrades, you'd have been better off with a decent tm sniper in the first place!

Comment

no it not point proven , the tm l96 max range is about 45-50 m at the moment ,

warrior l96 upgrades can hit over 100m

Comment

the tm l96 will hit 50m stock.
                          a guy on the other forums gets similar resluts with his 493fps tm l96,to his 580fps vsr.(the same range 70m)
                          my l96(s) could always shoot further than my vsr,but that means nothing if it doesnt have the accuracy.

Comment

well my l96 , with hardly expensive upgrades i have a fair few left to install ,

mine is hitting over 75m accurate and can reach 85 on man size , running at 496

it all about consistancy and stopping the air leaks

Comment

I paid £100 for mine, to the door, scoped, bipod and 4 mags - hardly a bank breaker.
                              TM would have cost 2-3x that and some.

The biggest issue (perhaps only on mine ?) is the barrel innacuracy - it's seriously at a 2 degree jaunty angle to the cylinder so that's not going to help anything (no wonder the shot spins like a corkscrew) - I'm shocked I could hit anything so cant wait to see what upgrades will do.

PDI hop unit will solve that barrel issue (ie is a problem where the barrel fits in the hopup, the casting is not straight by the looks of things).

What other cheapy upgrades are there then ?
                              Wanted: M249 Carry handle, Para outer barrel, Mk1 grips. Swap for M249 parts, damaged, anything considered
                              Trader Rating: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31587

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shady stafford I eat like a horse and drink like a fish, The son of a fighting mick Find out more about shady stafford
                              Working...
                              X