Short Stroke cylinder head - worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Stroke cylinder head - worth it

Ok guys, Just for a future project bit looking and asking is it worth it getting a short stroke cylinder head?

How much do you loose on the pull and do you lose any fps or accuracy? Wanting to hopefully if possible make my rifles able to have the pull length of a gas.

Cheers,

Aribos

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Re: Short Stroke cylinder head - worth it

Not sure if short stroking the head is different, but a recent topic here might help:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38329

Comment

Ah no, basically the cylinder head extends deeper into the cylinder of the sniper rifle to make it a shorter pull back to cock the spring.

Comment

ive never used one, but from all reports/talk it will reduce your fps
        user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

okie dokie, maybe a purchase after the 145 spring is in.

Comment

I expect it will take a really healthy chunk out of your FPS. Doesn't it reduce the cylinder capacity by about 30%?

Comment

Short stoke head will deffo lower your fps and shorten your pull but a stronger spring will bring your fps up again. You'll have to experiment with springs to acheive what you want but then that's half the fun, learn and then pass on your knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                I expect it will take a really healthy chunk out of your FPS. Doesn't it reduce the cylinder capacity by about 30%?
                Indeed, the usable cylinder volume will be reduced and along with it muzzle energy particularly for longer barrels and heavier weight bbs.
                The potential advantage with really heavy weight BBs and a longer barrel will be affected regardless of wether you increase the spring rate or not.
                The spring rate can be upped to some extent to compensate for the drop in FPS, but i found that the higher you go, the less efficient it tends to be. The last thing you want to be doing is lugging back a really heavy spring and not getting getting the equivalent out of the other end.

It doesn't really offer any benefits as far as energy is concerned, you may just be looking a minor decrease in range in comparison with the full capacity, unlikely accuracy.
                dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aribos Find out more about aribos
                Working...
                X