vsr hop up vs fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vsr hop up vs fps

Hi all. I have been tuning my new VSR and it appears that if the hop is on the fps increases. It is 512 with hop off and 530 with it on? I was just about to clip another coil off my spring but it looks like I may need to clip a couple. I am guessing that with a VSR, it would have to be chrono'd at sites with the hop on? What do you guys have your fps set to with the hop on/off
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers, Gary

Re: vsr hop up vs fps

generally the thought is hop off for the crono but it varies ,some sites want it set for use.it can happen that more hop ups the fps, i think it works by holding the bb from moving till a little more pressure has built up behind it but in most cases it is the other way around, certainly most aeg's are more powerful without hop , may be because a vrs has a lot more volume in the cylinder than an aeg so by delaying the release of the bb the hop actually increases fps.
    in any case to be safe i'd adjust it so the highest of the 2 readings was a shade under 500 fps , you really wont notice 5-10 fps less than 500 fps and you'l be able to use the gun .

Comment

Most ive been to chrono the gun as it will be used, plus resetting the rifle up everytime wont be fun surely?
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: vsr hop up vs fps

This has always been the case with the VSR its faster with more hop, most people think this is about the amount of air in an unvented cylinder. but otherwise has not truely been explained.
        I have been using mine for some time and when it lifts a 0.2 into the atmosphere some sites have asked to dial the hop off but after i explain that a Hop on a sniper is more important than anything else in the gun and takes a long time to get it dialed in perfectly for my chosen ammo so to adjust it would be a bad mistake. All so far HAve been happy with this answer

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gazzabazza1000 Find out more about gazzabazza1000
        Working...
        X