Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM vsr slam firing.

Hi There,

Before you go saying that there is loads of threads already about vsr slam firings. I have read them and follwed their advice but it still slam fires.

Here is a list of parts that i upgraded my vsr with.

PDI RAVEN CYLINDER FULL SET For TM VSR10 Original trigger
    PDI 330 SPRING for Marui VSR
    PDI VSR Piston Sear 2nd Sear piston sear

it was working fine on the original sear for a couple of days, but then suddenly started slam firing. I then changed the second sear for the pdi one but it still slam fires. Am i missing something?

or is this needed as well: PDI VSR Trigger Sear 1st Sear trigger sear?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: TM vsr slam firing.

Could be a bunch of different factors. One thing to check is that the trigger mech isn't moving away from the receiver as it's cocked. What kind of slam firing are you getting? Is it the case of pulling the bolt out and it snaps back, or does it snap as you go to push the bolt back in?

EDIT: I also read everywhere that it's ideal to upgrade both sears. I did this when I upgraded and it's all fine.

Comment

Hey, cheers for the reply.

Ill have a look and see if its moving away but im pretty sure its not.

I can pull the bolt back and it locks into place. When I try and push the bolt forward thats when it snaps forward.

Ill order the 1st sear, and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Did you upgrade both sears ?

Comment

is there any sign of wear on the piston at the point the sear engages ? try rotating the piston to a new fresh area for the sear to engage on , you may have to take the cylinder off to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
            is there any sign of wear on the piston at the point the sear engages ? try rotating the piston to a new fresh area for the sear to engage on , you may have to take the cylinder off to do it.
            This was one of the first things that I checked. No there is no sign of wear on the piston at all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

There's also a spring that pushes up the sear that you are about to replace, sometimes this can be a bit weak and it's good to replace it with a spring from a ballpoint clicker pen. Work's a treat and makes it a big tougher. Just an extra to think about.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
              X