CAW VSR Upgrade cylinder kit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAW VSR Upgrade cylinder kit ?

Anyone used one of these before? Are they any good ? What are they like compared to the Laylax equivalents ?

The kit includes the following:

Cylinder
    Cylinder Head
    Piston
    Spring guide ? Need confirmation on this

All for around £75

I already have some Laylax parts installed in the gun:

Piston
    Cylinder Head
    Sears
    Spring

So all i would use from the kit is the cylinder and Spring guid, mainly because if i were to by these 2 parts from Laylax i'd be looking at aroun £130

Thoughts ?
    Trader Rating: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...515#post229515

Re: CAW VSR Upgrade cylinder kit ?

IIRC these are the same as the Mosquito molds sets, the Spring guide is no good past MS150 rated spings, the MS190 we had absolutely destroyed the brass spring guide from the kit, so as far as that goes the Laylax is the better of the two.
    Piston is rock solid, Cylinder set is very nice and gives a great seal. If you're not passing the above said ratings, you will be fine.
    Oh by the way, the Laylax spring guide isn't compatible with the mos molds set.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
      IIRC these are the same as the Mosquito molds sets, the Spring guide is no good past MS150 rated spings, the MS190 we had absolutely destroyed the brass spring guide from the kit, so as far as that goes the Laylax is the better of the two.
      Piston is rock solid, Cylinder set is very nice and gives a great seal. If you're not passing the above said ratings, you will be fine.
      Oh by the way, the Laylax spring guide isn't compatible with the mos molds set.
      Thanks for the info, im only running a 150 spring right now, and with th stock spring guide so im sure this would be an improvement whichever way you look at it haha. As for compatability, would i be able to use my Laylax piston and cylinder head with the CAW cylinder ?

Also, the bolt pull on my rifle is currently very rough and clunky, could the upgrade cylinder improve this problem ?

Rookie

Comment

i wouldnt bother upgrading the cylinder unless you change to a teflon version.
        with the vsr its realy not needed,you can run well over 600fps with no problems with the stock cylinder.
        though the teflon cylinder will help with the stiff pull,but only slightly,the main fix for that is the zero trigger
        user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Originally posted by pmac(BT) View Post
          i wouldnt bother upgrading the cylinder unless you change to a teflon version.
          with the vsr its realy not needed,you can run well over 600fps with no problems with the stock cylinder.
          though the teflon cylinder will help with the stiff pull,but only slightly,the main fix for that is the zero trigger
          Is there anything i could do to the stock trigger to improve the bolt pull ?

Comment

nope,its to do with the crappy 45 degree angle that the sears engage the piston,this forces the piston upwards,giving a harder pull.
            the zero trigger,pdi and noobies trigger are the only way around this as they are 90 degree sears/piston
            the teflon cylinder just helps slightly as there less friction on the pull andpush,i found it was mainly the return it helped with
            user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rookie Find out more about Rookie
            Working...
            X