L96 PDI Help/FIX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 PDI Help/FIX

Ok guys, basically i bought a upgraded L96 that needs some attention on the pdi hop up unit.

when i shoot the ball goes far right.

ok so ive pulled together my messages from the guy i bought it off and here they are.. can any one give me any information on how to fix this at all? even a link to a How to video would be brilliant as im kind of lost. or is there any one living around Southampton that could do this for me ( possibly can pay )

The spring in question is the one that presses the 'arms' to apply the hop
    u'll need to spend some time playing with it to allow it to work again. There is a spring that uses the outer barrel as a point to push off of.

Hop-Up unit need attention, Nothing has broken, just needs some TLC to realign a Spring and Zero to yourself.

this is all the information i have to go on.. any ideas how how to fix this or what could be wrong? it sounds that the pdi hop up spring isn't aligned ?

thank you all - Regards, James
    Last edited by Crysis; 4 April, 2010, 15:55. Reason: Title needed to be more helpful to readers
    sigpic

Re: L96 PDI Help/FIX

well , apart from the cone shaped spring missing , there are four adjusting screws on the pdi hop unit , two on the bottom where the bb's feed into it and one on either side , the left hand set of screw maybe not correctly adjusted mate ,

also , id take it all apart to check there are no other parts missing from the hop unit

Comment

i will confess it. im a complete and utter noob at this. any knowledge on books, magazines, videos or guides on how to this ? better yet do you no someone that can do for me ?
      sigpic

Comment

as said in my other post ,find a stock hopunit and barrel,especialy if you have no technical now how,plus it normaly works better with some tweeking

if you want to stick with it you can get pdi hopunit repair kits,these consist of the screws and spring thats missing.

as guard said one side is applying more hop resulting in a curve.
        i would take out both screw and re insert them making sure that both get the same amount of turns,when the hop is at the correct settings for applyed hop,start to tweek them both to stop any curving,the slightest amount of presure on one side will cause a hook affect.
        this takes alot of testing and time
        user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Crysis Hello! My names James, Business owner to E-Flux LTD. Find out more about Crysis
        Working...
        X