Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 pdi hop adjustment

Hi

read the last post about the guys bb going to the right , mine is easier (i hope), my bb's start straight then go upwards, i know there are two adjustment screws for the pdi hop but not sure if i need to wind them in or out to fix this , any help much appreciated.

Chris
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader_deta...=2051&u=101478

Re: L96 pdi hop adjustment

firstly as you seem to have no knowlage as to how this works,find a stock hop/barrel as it will be alot less hassel.
    the pdi unit works well when set up but takes ALOT more work than the stock hop to get shooting well.

to remove hop you unscrew the screws BUT....

you need to do half rotations on each to make sure they both get adjusted to the same depth

you cant uncrew them to far or the nozzel with scrape on them or if to far out not pass them.

if you bought it new you should have 3 different sets of hop screws of different lengths,so you can change the amount of hop applyed
    user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply , I dont mind fiddling with the PDI quite good at tinkering , but the reason i asked if they screw up or down for hop is that i have wound out as far as i can go but still hopping up any more and the cylinder catches , i did not buy it new and therefor only have the screws in it, perhaps i need to geta shorter set but dont no where i would get these, do you have any ideas?

Comment

it also depends on what ammo , the pdi only really effects weights heavier then .33's

so use .36's or heavier , but please note , using heavier bb's will DECREASE range ,

also dependin on the power of the rifle it will effect the ammo your using ,

as pete says , you unscrew them , ( so they are deeper in the holes ) to take the hop effect off ..

Comment

hmmm does any one know of someone that can fix my hop up? around southampton?
          sigpic

Comment

sorry to be confusing but i had that the wrong way around you unscrew them to apply hop and screw them in to reduce hop---been a few years now since i used one

Comment

right , been messing with it this afternoon , lucky i found in the case a PDI hop repair kit with all grub screws and o-rings etc, taken the rifle apart changed the bucking as it was solid not any give in it at all , changed it for the one in the kit along with a new blue hop rubber. Also noticed that the grub screws in the kit were longer so put these in instead wound the hop screws in until they were level and there was no Hop , put it all back together, after many adjustments it now shoots slightly left and drops of, think i might need to put the old grub screws back in as i now cant get enough hop because of the longer grub screws GGGRRRR, all i can say is what a stupied hop design , if i cant sort might just take it to ***********

Comment

as i said it takes alot trial and error, it took me around 3-4 months of fetteling before i was happy enough with it,and ive upgraded alot of rifles.

in the end i went back to the stock hop though as i found it less hassel,as consistant(with some tweeking),and my pdi unit acctualy broke.
                which is something you need to watch when taking this down alot.

the metal in the hops body is very soft,where the mag catch attaches lost all threading on mine ,even with re tapping and threading it it did the same again,and i know of two other players that had the same problem.

what weight of bbs are you setting the rifle up with

Comment

Hi i am using 0.29 Maruzen bb's , not sure where i could get an original hop for it as i got it second hand so only have the pdi, firesuppot have said they will look at it for £30 max , so might just get them to look at it.

Comment

before you take it to them , try an heavier bb

either madbull .36's or .43's

then adjust it to suit the ammo , as the pdi doesn't like .3s at all as they just go up after 40m

Comment

thats exactly what mine was doing , maybe time to put the original grubs back in and try heavier bb before going to ***********

Comment

as above my l96s only liked being fed heavey weight bbs,especialy .43g bbs.
                        i had my stock hop set up so it was like a fixed hop for .43g bbs

Comment

Just watched a utube video some yank assebling the pdi ,last thing he does is tape a little spring onto the hop bar, i have this spring in the kit but did not know where it went as it was not in mine when i took it apart, presumed it was inside the hop somewhere. would this make a difference ?

Comment

it goes between the hopbars and the outer barrel,its ment to push the bars back down,keeping it more consistant as its got pressure from above,being applyed against the pressure from the bbs pushing on the arms when fired.

Comment

perhaps thats why its inconsistant. thanks guys for your help i will strip it one last time if that does not work i will take to ***********.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris3515 Find out more about chris3515
                              Working...
                              X