Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken VSR..

Hey guys,
    (This is a fairly wordy post, can be skipped to the bullet points if you prefer!)

I'm just after a bit of advice, one of my brothers friends received a broken "TM" VSR10 as part of a swap deal, which hes given to my brother now. I say "TM" because having taken it apart to see what was going on I'm fairly sure its a clone as there seems to be no TM markings at all.

I've never taken nay gun apart before but saw a you-tube video so went for it. The gun was a complete mess before I stripped it down and I managed to get it to fire properly once after a re-build.

Its got a g-spec barrel with no silencer, the wood look stock from a pro-sniper (I think?) and I've no clue where the internals came from.

The problem seems to be the sears not engaging properly when the bolt is pulled back. Which seems to be a reasonably common issue. Only thing is that the gun is a real mess. The cylinder is fairly battered and out of shape, the piston seems worn and the hole for the screw to hold the cocking handle to the cylinder is stripped out. I've no idea about the hop as I haven't got that far!

My main query is if it is worth spending any money trying to revive this gun? I'm not after amazing performance for him, hes not majorly into sniping. Even getting this gun to a working condition might be tricky and it seems like a fairly poor base to build on, am I mad if I try?
    • Can i buy a cylinder that isn't the laylex teflon one?
    • The sears don't look worn, should a new cylinder get it to at least function?
    • Is there any point trying to find stock parts that people have removed for upgrades?
    • Can replacement parts be purchased instead of upgrades?

Thanks for any advice! Sorry for the long post.

Matt

Re: Broken VSR..

if its the mp001 clone then theres not much point in trying to fix it tbh as its not an exact vsr clone its difficult to get parts.

might be worth posting pics to identify which rif it is?

Comment

Hmmm thats a good point, i hadnt thought about it being an MP001 clone.
      Im away for a few days but will try to get my brother to post some pictures. Whats needed to identify it? just an overall picture or picture of the internals or something?

Is there any distinguishing features of the MP001 internals i might have noticed? Ive google for images of the mp001 and VSR internals but can't find anything conclusive.

Thanks for the fast reply,

Matt

Comment

different cocking handles.

google it for pics, the vsr is more of a oval shape where the mp001 is more ergonomic
        Originally posted by Teddykiller
        I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

if its a TM VSR there will be TM markings on the trigger casing.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader_deta...=2051&u=101478

Comment

Wow this is so confusing.
            After a quick call to my brother to confirm, it has the squared off cocking handle, not the oval one.

How many companies make the MP001, is it just AGM? Ive found a review with some detailed pictures here: http://www.airsoftretreat.com/review...hp?product=114 and it just doesn't look the same. The trigger unit on the thing we have is black not silver, the hop adjuster is a flat thin piece of metal , not a wedge shape adjuster, and the markings are different i believe. To be honest the most similar looking gun i can find is the JG BAR-10 G-Spec, only that doesnt seem to come in fake wood style... But then again maybe this is just a different MP001 version.

My brother is hoping to get pictures up tomorrow

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

mp001 does have black trigger unit, mine did

does your have a thin strip of metal on the left hand side half way up the gun to adjest the hop up and and hop up wrote below it, the mp001 i had, had that on it.

oh have you looked at the top od the cylinder,
              the vsr has a locking pin you have to drill out to open it up,
              the mp001 doesnt and you can jsut screw it off
              Originally posted by Teddykiller
              I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

Yea thin piece of metal with hop written by it, definitely no pin in the cylinder.
                So it must be an MP001 then. Does that mean VSR parts won't work with it?
                Would I be better just binning it than trying to get it working?

Thanks for all your help so far,

Matt

Comment

Post a picture of it before you do anything drastic.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mattbow Find out more about mattbow
                  Working...
                  X