Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdGI barrel issue

Hey people,

My friend recently brought a tightbore from edgi and asked me to fit it. Well i got the rifle striped down (VSR-10 pro by the way), re-assembled the hop with the new barrel, went to slide it into the outer barrel and it just stopped.

Now EdGI's barrel are bull barrels as some of you may know, meaning their a tad wider in the mid section. Now im not overly familiar with spring snipers (use gas personally) but looking down the barrel with a flashlight seems to reveal a rubber seal, possibly a barrel spacer of sorts??? I know pulling the stock barrel out was a tad tight.

Did a quick google and couldn't find anything on this, any ideas. Behind that washer thing it gets wider again so im sure its just there to support the barrel, and removing it would solve the issue but i haven't the foggiest how i would.

Re: EdGI barrel issue

your right,theres spacers in the tm pro sniper from what i remember.
    you could try getting the end cap of,which can be a real pain with the supplyed tool and knocking them out with something hard.
    maby an old barrel thats longer or something similar, or just try getting something heavey in and shaking it until it falls through.
    the biggest problem is the tapered barrel, i would normaly put i a heavey screwdriver to knock ot spaccers,but thats in a bull barrel.
    user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Theres a tool to get the end cap off?? Anyone have a guide how to get that spacer out. I would try lumping it with a rod and hammer but its not my rifle and the last thing i want to do is damage it.

I noticed that the label said Bar10 on it (label for the barrel that is), but im assuming the bar10 just uses vsr barrel right - so shouldn't be an issue?

Comment

you get a crapplastic tool in the box,but get generaly get breaks when trying to take the end cap of.
        you could use plyers but this will scrape it.
        your idea is what i do,place it on somthing soft like a towel as to not damage the end though.
        the bar 10 is just a vsr copy so all parts fit fine

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but how does the end cap come off. Does it pull off or is it threaded? See i've just been given the gun and barrel, nothing else.

And so what your saying is, take the end cap off, drive something down from that end and lump the thing towards the where the barrel attaches to the receiver?

Comment

the end cap screws of,if you look into the muzzel there should be ribs around it thats what the tool grabs and uses to remove it,but as i said the tool normaly just smooths of.

thats exactly what i did to remove spacers that got stuck,though i normaly did it on my l96,as they used to get stuck quite often,but its got a bull barrel.

Comment

Cheers for the info.
              I sorted it in the end. That tool is utter rubbish, ended up drilling the end cap out and making my own set of foam spacers.

Did a little test fire and quite impressed with the rifle. I've recieved a 6.00 EdGI in the smae order for my m700 (was meant to be a 6.01) and I'm stoked with that.

Comment

you need to let us know how you get on with the barrel.
                i had a edgi 6.01 in my a.i.c.s,but didnt notice much difference compaired to the 6.03 laylax in my LTR.

Comment

Sure will. I've got a kjw project rifle which I've been tinkering with here and there. So far it's turned out suprisingly good.

No real skirmish time with the 6.00 yet but initial range testing was good. Can't compare to stock as I never fired gun once until it was near completion!!! If there's enough interest I may be able to write up a quick guide of what I did.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheHunter Find out more about TheHunter
                  Working...
                  X