Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

TM L96 AWS Spring (different from below post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM L96 AWS Spring (different from below post)

Hi folks,

Recently got a 2nd hand TM L96. Never sniped before but couldn't resist for the price!

First outing yesterday. FPS is 225 on 0.25 (needed to use bios) so is only going to be about circa 250/260 on 0.2. It also shoots to the left a lot.

So I realise I shall have to strip it down which looks to be a little bit of a ball ache but does anyone know what the default spring is in a TM L96 and what I can go to without changing any of the other parts as I shall do the ususal airseal test/improvements etc, barrel spacer, teflon tape etc.

I am not overly fussed about getting it to break the sound barrier, I'd just like to get an accurate sniper to try out the "art" with.

Any advice appreciated.

Ta!
    "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Re: TM L96 AWS Spring (different from below post)

Just google spring for TM L96...there's plenty out there. Look at ASPUK TM L96 parts. Depending on how much you're upping the FPS you'll need to upgrade the sears too. ASPUK make 450fps springs for the TM L96, and they've just realised an EZ Trigger set for a very reasonable price.

If I can find it, I actually have a Stock TM trigger box with PDI piston and trigger sear which I could sell you for a reasonable price.

Comment

Aye theres plenty of results, but its a case of knowing what will work mate. As I dont know what a stock spring is I dont know if the "80sp TM L96" is right or the "130 TM L96" is etc. I don't have the base reference point hence the issue, I don't want to put something in there that is going to put strain on the rest of the stock components. Until I have found if I like being a sniper I dont want to spend a fortune on internals, else I might end up with a rather expensive white elephant.

I don't have a lot of experience with sniper systems just AEGs hence the question.

What would the goodies you have mentioned gain me mate?

Comment

I upgraded mine last week using all ASPUK parts, all you really need is their EZ trigger which comes with steel spring guide, alloy piston and steel spring guide stopper with their M135 spring, I bought other parts as I'm going to use a cut down VSR spring to get it closer to 500fps but it was firing at 400fps on .3's so it's going to cost you £90 for those parts.

I'm pretty sure PDI springs don't fit as the standard spring width is 7mm and the PDI is wider.

Comment

Cheers Starkey,

Just out of interested, did the trigger fit ok or did you have to dremel the spring guide stopper as mentioned on the ASPUK site?

Comment

I didn't have to Dremel any parts to fit, the only hard part is drilling the pin in the cylinder to remove the piston and spring. Removing the pin is the same process as a VSR10.

Remove the barrel and loading fin from the nozzle before the trigger unit, you can then slide the cylinder out of the back of the receiver.

The spring guide stopper was a bit tight but it did push in, attach the trigger and stopper first then slide in the spring guide, spring, piston and screw on the cylinder head.

Just take your time and look have a tray for your screws, there's not a lot to it
            Last edited by Starkeyj; 22 July, 2014, 21:55.

Comment

Also the part on the ASPUK website about using the Dremel only applies to the WELL clone of the L96 AWS, any problems PM me and I'll try to help, the guys at ASPUK have also been great at replying to me on Facebook when I've had a question.

Comment

In a similar position myself, want to upgrade my L96 slightly (on a budget) and then give sniping a go.. looked at a few reviews online and picked up a Army Force Enhanced Upgrade Kit for L96, for around £50 including shipping from the US.
                I'm not trying to bash on ASPUK and I'm sure the quality is substantially lower than ASPUK but at that price so long as the parts last long enough for me to decide whether or not i like sniping then i'm happy (any then maybe i'll upgrade to better internals)

Comment

Hi Dex, I think the kit you are looking at there is for a Well type L96 clone rather than a TM or Well clone of said TM. The TMs are different internally (and have the Mag in the right place).

Cheers for the advice Starkey, good to know its the clone that needs filing, I never particularly like doing irreversible mods as you're then buggered if you need to go back again for some other mod!

Comment

oh damn i already bought it, as far as i could see the parts look the same or very similar to TM parts, my Well L96 (MB4406) is apparently 100% compatible with TM parts but if they don't fit.. now i know why! (cheers for the info and sorry for hijacking )

Comment

No dramas mate Hey if they don't fit I am sure someone on here will have them, the Well/insert numerous other brands here "mag in the front of the stock type" are very popular and you got a good price on that lot.

Comment

Just out of interest Starkey, whats the bolt pull like with the added spring. One of the nice things about the TM stock is just how smooth the pull is but I am presuming this will change with a heavier spring?

Comment

ASPUK EZ Trigger and 135 spring on it's way, let the fun begin!

Comment

Hey Starkey,

Good job on the upgrade fella

According to this calculator it's nearly doing 500 fps already: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/artic...s/fps_calc.htm

Based on a 0.30g firing at 400 fps. That's around 490 on a 0.20g bb

Comment

Lol, I hope mine isn't quite that powerful when I've done it, my local site limit is only 450.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Harlequin Find out more about Harlequin
                              Working...
                              X