VSR Sears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR Sears

Just wondering, how are the upgraded sears for VSR different from the originals?
    Are they the same size as the originals?

I ask because my father in law is a toolmaker and is very confident that he could make me some hardened steel versions of the original sears but I wasn't sure if this would suffice?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Jay

Re: VSR Sears

well from what i understand they are the same, well the laylax ones are very slightly different from the TM originals, but if he can machine out some hardened steel ones do them as close as possible to the TM ones and they will work fine.

i would still recommend the zero trigger just becuase its so nice though, but a lil expensive

paul

Comment

yeah theyd be compatible but i would play it safe it get laylax as you dont know it the hardened steel will actually damage your internals . .

Comment

As long as they are well machined and are smooth, then they will work well (and that's a good way to save yourself some cash). Make a spring guide stopper as well if you can...
        Trader Feedback:
        New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
        Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

well machied ie like ,01 of a mm hehe is it alex , and the spring guide stopper is a neccisity

Comment

i think there just stronger than the others and made with excellent precision my dad made a spring guide stopper and it works perfectley.
            Armoury
            JG bar 10
            TM M92F
            CA M15A4

Comment

Yeh they should work fine, however whether you buy or not keep the little spring and pin that fixes the two sears together, plus use some grease or even vaseline to keep the bolt in because it can be really tricky..
              taylor
              Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

That's good news, he's a very very experienced toolmaker and is confident that he can copy them precisely so I'll give this a go I reckon. Gotta be worth trying for the £80 saving alone!

Thanks for the info guys

Much obliged

Jay

Comment

Can you let me know how these turn out please? if they are good, and your dad is willing to, i would be happy to pay to get him to produce a set for me... would he be willing to do that? if so, how much would he be looking for?
                  If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JayJay-2008 Find out more about JayJay-2008
                  Working...
                  X