Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bar 10 upgrade questions

hey all
    i'm thinking about upgrading my jg bar 10 with the following items i want a long ranged and accurate weapon at below 350fps but then not worry about minium enganment range or having to spend loads on upgrade parts to make it 450fps.
    im just wondering what you think whats right and what could be changed.
    Twist barrel
    Firefly Soft hop rubber
    4 laylax/pdi barrel spacers
    and .28 bb's

also im just wondering what spring i should put in it to make the twist barrel effective with the .28 bb's

thanks all
    Originally posted by BALBOSA
    yeah thats what i was talking about my tactical warfare official gay card
    Team: Treadstone
    Armoury: AK-47, M4, L96, MEU

Re: bar 10 upgrade questions

all this has been covered in the massive VSR UPGRADE thread , which is a sticky .....

have a look

Comment

i've had a look at the big main one not all the 231 relpies to that, thats how i made my choice of the current items, i was just posting here to see what people would change or agree with

Comment

they would be good, and dont forget to get a upgraded piston in time with sears if taking it above the 400 fps

and the stock spring will be fine or get a 110 or 120 spring

Comment

i wouldn't want to upgrade past about 350fps but i will be slowly upgrading all the parts in it to PDI over time to make it more and more reliable

thanks for the adivce though

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the JG Bar-10 until you slap a big spring in there. Sp100 should give you 300-330. Personally i favour the nineball hop rubber. Gives you a better seal and is very good. As for heavier bb's, well .25's worked ok for me. But .3's kept on hitting the end of the twist barrel. So perhaps try .23's and .25's and see which works out better. Also make sure you ptfe the cylinder head threads and also the hopup. Some people also paint the cylinder head nozzle to give them a better seal. Personally i think the latter is a waste of time XD. Are you running a G-Spec or standard. As the standard outer barrel is tapered, so you won't be able to use the spacers to full effect.

Comment

i have the standard, what will i have to do to make the spacers work to their full effect?

would you say it would be worth buying a tm hop up and stick it in rather than the jg one?

Comment

If you have good airseal, You will need to downgrade the spring to get below 350(in my experience)

I've found the TM improved hop and barrel gives good results even with the standard hop rubber

Comment

I didn't see the need for the TM hopup. As the JG is a direct clone it's pretty much identical. As long as you screw it tight you'll keep the seal. You'd have to shave bits off the barrel spacers to get them to fit. The o-rings on them that is. For mine, i used two barrel spacers for the back half of the barrel. And then used foam for the rest of it.

Comment

cheers for the help guys i post up when i get the upgrades and stick them in

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                      I didn't see the need for the TM hopup. As the JG is a direct clone it's pretty much identical. As long as you screw it tight you'll keep the seal. You'd have to shave bits off the barrel spacers to get them to fit. The o-rings on them that is. For mine, i used two barrel spacers for the back half of the barrel. And then used foam for the rest of it.
                      I meant the precision TM hop up, The upgraded one, Gets great reviews and i have had great consistent results

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

neokia Find out more about neokia
                      Working...
                      X