BAR 10 slam firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAR 10 slam firing

hey guys i recently bought a laylax pss10 high pressure piston (red one) and spring guide for my bar 10.

the problem im having is that when i cock it it slam fires when i begin to push the cylinder back into position.

i havent ugraded the spring or anything so its still the same power it was with the original plastic piston.

any ideas what could be wrong???

Re: BAR 10 slam firing

have you used the search bar mate ,

as there are at least 8 posts with this very question ,

quick answer , UPGRADE THE SEAR SET to laylax also then witll stop the slam firing

Comment

any ideas wher i can get a sear set as everywere i have looked thay seem out of stock

Comment

Have you actually checked with zeroone? I think they actually have the PDI set, instead of the laylax set, but it still works fine.

Comment

Wont work Diola, the laylax red piston and sears work on a catchment angle of 45 degrees, the PDI sets, Zero Triggers and Orange Pistons work on a catchment angle of 90 degrees.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I have a red piston and PDI sear set in mine and they both work fine together for me?

Comment

May work but not the optimum way.

Comment

Ok, cheers for the heads up Aribos. I'll keep an eye on them.
                If they were for the 90' catchment would they just not work or would they work with a 45' catchment and just wear faster?

Comment

they will probably work, just wear in a different way, depends on the power of the spring you have in the cylinder, if it is a very high FPS one (M145+) then it will put a dent in the rear of your piston and possibly wear the sears down as it will try to jump the piston sear or bend it the wrong way.

Just stay under a certain spring (should be able to find out the limit) and it will be fine.

Comment

well guys bit of good news. i opened up the gun again and sat for about 15mins just staring at the sears and red piston thinkin about what the problem could be lol.

i discovered that the sear was just catching the end of the piston and no more and thats why it was slam firing when i went to push the bolt back in.

so i removed the trigger assembly and filed the top of it down a little. this let the sear sit deeper in the bolt thing therfore it catches more of the piston and hey presto lol it worked.

i know i will need a new sear eventully but its working good for now lol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniper82 Find out more about sniper82
                    Working...
                    X