Vsr-10/BAR-10 (G-spec, pro-spec) FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vsr-10/BAR-10 (G-spec, pro-spec) FAQ

Hey guys just a quick FAQ for VSR/Bar-10's. Feel free to add to it.

all parts will be in question-answer.

"My VSR-10 is slam firing! How can I fix this?" - Simple Fix, Your Sears have gone or cannot hold the combination in the cylinder you are using. Buy either Deepfire, Laylax, Zero Trigger or the ActionHobbies sears. All 3 sets will last quite a while. If you have not upgraded anything within the cylinder and it is slam firing you can go with stock sears.

"My VSR has about as much range as a pea shooter" - Your Hop-up rubber has either perished or is useless, replace it with either a TM hop rubber or a firefly etc.

"When I cock my Bar-10 and fire it the spring sounds loose and rattles" - This can be caused by the fact a couple of years ago JG cut the springs in all their guns to be sub 350fps after a british retailer told the factory the wrong info. They cut their BAR-10 springs down, which made them considerably short and rattle around, If you wish to remedy this without having to swap the sears please buy around an sp100-130 spring.

"I pulled the trigger on my VSR and 2 BB's came out" - This is known as double feeding, You have probably already cocked the spring, then gone to cycle the bolt again forgetting you have already done it, thus loading two bb's into the barrel. (Dont worry we have all done it) Simply pull the trigger in a safe direction then remember if you have cocked your gun or not. It is much better for the rifle to go around with the rifle un-cocked then cock it when you are ready to take a shot as it puts less strain on the sears, spring and parts causing them to last longer, If you cannot remember if you cocked your gun, aim in a safe direction and pull the trigger, cock/re-cock the gun.

This guide is just a start, feel free to contribute and add to it, I will add more when I can remember the typical sort of questions asked by people that are new to owning and using a VSR/Bar-10 style weapon.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

About the Author

Collapse

aribos Find out more about aribos
Working...
X