Filling a stock full of foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling a stock full of foam

I have heard that if you do this to a single action rifle, it can help greatly to silence the noise made. What stuff do i need to fill the stock(and where to get it from) with and how do i put it in properly?

Cheers
    www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Re: Filling a stock full of foam

I used this below

It called 'No nonsense self expanding foam'.

You will also need a gun to use this.

This is very easy to do, Open your stock start pumping it in and you'll see when it lands it will start to spread out. Keep pumping till it is to the top and then leave it for around 1 hour with the stock pointing up. Then with a knife (or scissors) cut any foam hanging out. Replace your butt stock and your done.

The best thing about this is because it lands it in and then spreads around it gets in all the nooks and crannys.

Hope i could help .

(Not sure if im aloud to post a link on where to buy it but just search for it online, you'll find it easyily.)

(Also you can buy one which you don't need to use a silicone gun for like below)

Originally posted by murta369
    in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

If you do this anytime soon let me know the results

Comment

its does work but not on all snipers

Comment

You done it on an L96? If so could you tell me a quick step by step guide on how you filled it? Thanks

Comment

no jg bar10

Comment

what size can / how many cans do you need to fill up an L96 stock you reckon?

ty

Comment

One can will do it, it's expanding foam!
                sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt use that stuff on an l96, you'll pop the stock apart, and possibly break it. I'm in the same boat as you and have an l96 that a bit loud. I'll be filling mine up later with some sound reducing laminate floor underlay, i have a bit of it lying in the garage. I'll let ya know how i get on and how much quiter the rifle becomes.

Comment

popping the stock is a risk I personally wouldn't take.

being a skint sod - when I filled the stock on my vsr I used tin foil - I packed it right down so it is solid.

it had the added benefit of adding a bit of weight to the stock.

all the best
                    Mac
                    Originally posted by Coz
                    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

did it reduce sound though?

ty

Comment

It doesn't matter on the l96 guys the expanding foam is just for VSR type guns. The l96 has bolts and stuff in its rear stock for the butt plate and cheek rest so don't try putting expanding foam in, you will just burst the stock and it will expand and lock up your bolts etc for the cheek rest and butt.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

to stop it cracking your case you just drill several holes along the bottom or top of the stock. there was a good guide on doing this and repairing the holes but i lost it. prett much said use a resin to fill the drilled holes then sand, resand, paint repaint.. job done..

ill do it if i got time this sunday. ill put a guide up if i do aswell so just keep an eye out.
                          If You Run You'll Only Die Tired

Guns:
                          CA M15 A4 x2
                          Vsr G-spec
                          P226

Comment

When it's in two halfs don't put it in then reattach it. do them seperately and then drag a knife across the top to level them out so the two halfs fit together without any resistance. That way it won't have any pressure.
                            Originally posted by murta369
                            in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

I used foam from a seat/cousion got it from a local fabric store for like £2, I cut it up and stuffed it in that way you can allways take it out if needs be, with regards to it making less sound it didnt help greatly but did add weight for the realizm
                              hope this helps
                              cheers
                              My iTrader:
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=103714

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sabbath I just love Black Sabbath :) Find out more about Sabbath
                              Working...
                              X