X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSR10 HOP Replacement

Hi

I have a New TM VSR10

Anyone have experience with the PSS10 Air Seal Hop-Up Chamber for VSR-10 Series

Is it any good or is the the precision TM one better.

I would like to add a PSS10 6.03mm Inner Barrel for VSR10 / G-Spec (430mm)

Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 27 July, 2010, 21:56. Reason: links

Re: VSR10 HOP Replacement

The airseal chamber only takes AEG barrels and is in my opinion only good if you want to use a barrel which is over 554mm long which is the max length for VSR barrels that fit the standard hop up.

The Marui chamber with brass barrel just seems like a plastic version of their original metal hop up chamber with their own tightbore barrel.

Beetwen those 2 i would personally go for the Laylax PSS10 6.03 barrel 430mm innerbarrel, that gave me some decent results, and perhaps change the hop up rubber to a Nineball

Comment

MAny thanks for the prompt informative reply

Is there a better hop unit or should I just stick to the original TM one with a new tightbore what tightbore do you suggest?

Also do the TM's use a nub? or is it just the bucking?

Comment

The latest version of the hop unit by marui is the best one around. Dont change it, simply get a better bucking, i.e. firefly (if you can find them).

The actual air seal unit is utter useless unless as said you want to use an aeg barrel.

As for tightbores either get a nice laylax/prometheus one (same company different name) or an EdGI one (google it but contact the guy direct for cheaper)

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

k Kewl so I will just leave the stock one in (Thats awesome!) I picked mine up last night so its brand new they just got them in last week.

SO
          Stage1
          Firefly bucking (soft)
          PSS10 6.03mm Inner Barrel for VSR10 / G-Spec (430mm)

Stage2
          PSS10 Zero Trigger with Piston Set for Marui VSR-10
          Laylax PSS10 Air Seal Damper Cylinder Head for VSR10 / G-Spec
          Laylax PSS10 Ball Bearing Spring Guide for VSR10 / G-Spec
          Laylax PSS10 150 Spring for Marui VSR

am I missing anything ?

Comment

I would recommend a PDI triggerset instead of the Laylax pss10 zero trigger.

I tryed both and PDI just catch the piston abit more smooth and is more durable.

Also id use a PDI 9mm spring and spring guide, instead of Laylax.

Comment

Does the PDI trigger come with all the sears and piston etc like the laylax one?

Comment

If you want to save some cash and aren't too bothered about the extra smoothness of the zero trigger you can buy steel sears from hobbies of action, they hold up to m180 springs and run on all the laylax parts.

Zero trigger should last ages so its your choice, I got the sears mainly because of money.

Now the only thing your missing is a fair few hours of fine tuning and working at it.

Comment

I am only planning on putting in a 150 spring..

Are there only 2 sears? the trigger and piston? are these the ones needed:
                  PDI Reinforced 1st Sear for Marui VSR-10
                  PDI Reinforced 2nd Sear for Marui VSR10

With regards to the piston and piston head what PDI ones do I go for?
                  I see there are different types EZY Hard Piston, Vacuum type - the same with the Spring guides Getting confused now and there are 7mm and 9mm

Cause I could save the cash forget about the zero trigger and get the sears and the piston and piston head, Only which ones?

Comment

Well if you go PDI you need to buy the PDI piston and spring guide etc as they are very fussy about spring guides, however you can use the laylax guides with stock parts, Before I got my better sears i used an sp130 laylax spring and laylax guide with stock plastic piston.

Comment

This should be what you need:

- 1st sear:
                      - 2nd sear:
                      - Set pind:
                      - Hard piston:
                      - 9mm Spring guide

And if you want a light triggerpull:

- Karu Bane trigger springs:
                      Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 27 July, 2010, 22:03. Reason: links

Comment

Thank you for the Links.

I have heard of PDI and Laylax but never of x-fire ... how good are these?

And are they easy to install as they mention on the site that there could be problems (Myabe it's just the broken english) LOL

Comment

The parts should be very easy to install, the standard marui triggerset ain´t to hard to disassamble and reassamble so it shouldn´t be a problem.

Just remmember to change the outer o-ring on the PDI hard piston with the one from the standard Marui plastic piston as mentioned on their website.

Another tip is that the spring guide comes in 2 parts, the rod and the flat bottom.

It´s a good idea to apply a little loctite or another strong glue onto the thread of the spring guide rod before screwing the parts together.

If the 2 spring guide parts should loosen up during battle, it can result in the sear not catching the piston.
                          Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 27 July, 2010, 22:11. Reason: retailer

Comment

Well done for breaking forum rules on posting other retailers!

To be honest the difference between laylax parts and PDI is pretty much down to personal preference.

Some of the PDI stuff may be cheaper but seriously if you can afford it what you want is the following (to build what I would consider one of the best VSR's)

1x Teflon cylinder
                            1x Zero trigger
                            1x Laylax spring guide (the one with bearings as it rotates the springs and makes shooting more accurate)
                            1x High pressure piston (only needed if you buy the hardened sears as the zero trigger comes with one)
                            1x Whatever spring you like (depending on your fps limits)
                            1x Damper Cylinder head with around 4 Dampening pads on it (again depends how quiet you want it)
                            1x Firefly hop rubber (soft is up to around 400fps hard there after)
                            1x TB barrel (I recommend either an EdGI or a laylax/prometheous)
                            4x Barrel spacers

Now if you look on the single action guns tech section there is a long thread about upgrading, go read it if you want the combined advice of some of the best snipers on the forum.

(Me, guard sniper, MJ32LJ, b!tchtits (under his new name) and several others. All of us have had various snipers and built them pretty much from scratch, with me having an l96 I just traded to guard sniper that was shooting accurately at just a sniff under 100 yards (around 97ish when we paced it out). Also have my g-spec which is firing accurately at around 80 yards with silence.)

Comment

Argh sorry for breaking forum rules, I didn´t mean to do so. Im still new to the forum so i totally forgot that rule. I bether go read the rules section again
                              Last edited by Mattias139; 27 July, 2010, 21:32.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fabzster Find out more about Fabzster
                              Working...
                              X