Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM VSR Advice Needed

Hello all

Im looking at upgrading the spring in my vsr. what spring strenght would be ok to use with everything else remaining standard.

Cheers

`
    Lots Of Inert Ammo For Sale - PM For Details

Re: TM VSR Advice Needed

upgrade every thing else first = what i would do first.

do the spring last

Comment

Personally do accuracy over power. Its ok having a powerful rifle but if you can't hit a barn door what's the point? As for spring around sp120 I think I ran a 130 on standard sears but they were harder jg ones on tm I wouldn't like to say that high.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

ok so a sp120 would be ok for a while? I have already droped a tightbore in it just want a bit more power its only doing 250-270. i will upgrade the rest over time
        Lots Of Inert Ammo For Sale - PM For Details

Comment

I reckon so if the JG sears took a 130 without much failing i would guess the TM would take a 120. At the end of the day at the price of a couple of springs get one you know will work like a pss10 sp 110 and then get a pss10 sp130 that way if the sp130 slams you know you have a working spring but can use the other spring later on when you upgrade your sears.

Comment

To be honest mate id get a new hop up rubber maybe new unit then get a tk twist barrel and then bobs your uncle you have a very accurate rifle.Thats what i have done works well.
            hope this hepls
            Dom

Comment

No point in a twist unless your staying under 350fps apparently. Only get a hard hop rubber if your over 400 to 500 gps or so.

Comment

my spring that i have for sale runs on standard sears

Comment

I've been running a 170 spring through mine on standard sears, put about 5000 rounds through it and no problem what so ever
                  BB
                  Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

If you are ben then your piston probably has a lot of wear. If you put in a high pressure piston it would slam fire. Its more a precautionary method as even with TM the quality control is not always 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
                      If you are ben then your piston probably has a lot of wear. If you put in a high pressure piston it would slam fire. Its more a precautionary method as even with TM the quality control is not always 100%.
                      My exact internal setup is,
                      EDGI 6.01MM 303MM long barrel
                      High pressure piston
                      M170 spring
                      Bearing spring guide
                      Custom barrel spacers
                      I don't know if thats meant to slam fire, but all I know I have had zero problems with slam firing or anything other problem :O maybe I'm just lucky
                      BB

Comment

Now you've said that it'll start lol. Just get a set of hardened sears or a zero trigger if it does though.

Comment

With standard internals Id go for a m125 Element spring and a Nineball hop up rubber and then make the hop up mod so you can use 0.40g BB´s.

Should last for some time without destroying the piston.
                          Last edited by Mattias139; 2 September, 2010, 16:19.

Comment

forgot to say firefly hard bucking aswell :D yeh i think that ill just use the stock sears until they go, its not as if they are hard to replace
                            BB

Comment

Originally posted by Mattias139 View Post
                              With standard internals Id go for a m125 Element spring and a Nineball hop up rubber and then make the hop up mod so you can use 0.40g BB´s.

Should last for some time without destroying the piston.
                              Erm I have an element spring fine but not nineball hop rubber. Go for a firefly always even if you have to import it from china (should be nice and cheap too) they are great and never been beaten yet in my book on the hop rubber front. Also you shouldn't need to use PTFE if you have the right rubber. I have ran my firefly rubber on .46's fine without PTFE. Of course it all depends on what rifle you are using and how good your hop arm/bucking is.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sockmonster Find out more about sockmonster
                              Working...
                              X