Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type 96 Upgrades on the cheap!

Hey Everyone,

I'm building a L96 as a project and I need some advice. I just bought a stock Marauzen Type 96 and tested it. It is not as powerful as my AEG and seems to pull in different directions. Does anyone have any hints or tips on free upgrades (PTFE tape etc).

Also I have about £100 for a first batch of upgrades and I'm not sure what to go for. I want to increase the accuracy and power. I stripped it down today and there were no spacers in the barrel so I think the barrel is moving inside the outer.

I was thinking about getting a 130 spring, some barrel spacers and a tightbore barrel (6.03 or 6.01). I'm not too bothered is this set up will break it after a while as its a secondary weapon anyway and I plan to replace things as they go.

Wat do you guys think? Have you got any ideas?

Dave

Re: Type 96 Upgrades on the cheap!

Hi I got a maruzen l96 too just got it last month. It was totally standard shooting 320fps. So I got a 170sp spring and upgraded the piston and head. Cost me about £50 now shoot 500fps with .20bb awesome!! People said I should upgrade trigger, cylinder and stuff but I'll leave it till something breaks... Oh and defo get the barrel spacers. I don't think you gain much from a tight bore barrel.....just my opinion....

Hope this helps

Comment

you gain alot from a tightbore barrel in a rifle like these, especially upgraded ones.

your trigger mech will withstand 500fps, mine did and still is and its god knows how old (and it was a maruzen).

you can make your own barrel spacers by simply wrapping the barrel with electrical insulation tape until its a tight fit into the outer barrel.

you can modify a madbul 6.03 tightbore barrel to fit the standard hop relatively easy or you can buy specifically made tightbore barrels to fit the stock hop such as EDGI.

tight bore barrels are going to set you back a fair bit but are definatly worth it if your a serious sniper.

as for hte cylinder, keep it a normal cylinder until you can afford teflon, but the insides are important.

if your going to be getting a tighbore barrel get an m150 spring, high pressure piston and red laylax piston head.

get a laylax spring guide and you will be lauching.

Comment

Upgraded it with laylex parts now>

Teflon cylinder
        Piston
        Piston Head
        Spring (150)
        Spring Guide
        Cylinder Head
        Barrel Spacers

It shoots like a dream. Hitting man size targets at 70-80 meters. The maruzen hop and barrel are really good so I haven't touched them yet. Its shooting at 530fps atm so I need to clip the spring a little bit but other than that it is a truly awesome rifle.

Dave

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

beverage Find out more about beverage
        Working...
        X