Hop up VS Tanio-koba twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop up VS Tanio-koba twist

Now, I have been reccomended the Tanio-koba twist by a friend, and was wondering if buying both that and a new hop-up would be a good idea. I have a JG bar-10 g-spec, which currently runs at about 370 fps. I have been told Tanio-koba barrels only work up to about 340 fps, so I was thinking that I would like to try this as a cheaper way to increase range without having to pimp out the gun internally and fit a 420fps spring into it. However, I was wondering about the whole physics of it. Does the hop-up change the bb's path as well after a twist barrel has been installed? Does the twist barrel really increase the range that much? Will players be able to feel the hit, if it doesn't increase the fps?

any thoughts???
    Thanks in advance ( I have used google and the search function)

Re: Hop up VS Tanio-koba twist

The ideal power for a TK Twist barrel is supposedly around 320 - 330, as this is the power Japanese airsoft is limited to.

The twist circles the air around the BB, and does not spin the BB itself.

The range question is harder to answer. You are basically choosing between blasting the BB down range with lots of power, or using the twist barrel and hopup. What I can say is the power option will require more parts be changed, so more expense. However at a certain point power will come back into play. Basically I'd suggest a twist barrel at 328 may be as good range wise as 400fps. Maybe at 500fps, the difference swings in favour of power again. That being said, accuracy is more important than range!

Comment

easy answer mate,

NO the Twist barrel wont effect the ammo after the rifles fps raises more then 340,

it is a better bet to upgrade the rifle for consistancy and accuracy, and after all is done PROPERLY the fps levels will raise also ,

so have a look in the big thread guide on the VSR rifle's about certain set ups,

concentrating more on the 400 fps setup, but DONT put an even biger spring inside , as fps isn't used without making the bb flight more consistant

Comment

thanks guys for the quick replies, I am now more confident about the Tanio twist, and understand more about how it works. I think i would prefer to spend the money on the twist and a new hop, rather than buying a huge amount of upgrades.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GhostDivisionAirsoft I can am grammar Find out more about GhostDivisionAirsoft
        Working...
        X