Strange vsr problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange vsr problem

Alright guys, I've been tearing my hair out overthis problem. I got a vsr g spec with various accuracy upgrades and stock spring set up. Well my gun started slam firing, so I got hold of some sears slapped em in cleaned everything out etc etc. Before putting shit back together I tested the gun out and all was well. As soon as I put the reciever back In to the stock it started slam firing. So I took it apart again. Double checked everything, cocked it and it was fine. After putting it all back together it started slam firing again?!?!?
    Any ideas?!

Re: Strange vsr problem

Piston worn?

Comment

could be numerous things mate,

the piston may have worn down with flat spots on the rim,
      the actual trigger mech might not be seated correctly,
      grease/lube may be on the sears and piston making it slip off,
      the trigger housing screws ( ones attaching it to the bolt housing ) maybe loose
      sear set maybe worn down,
      trigger adjustment maybe causing too much pull on the sear release

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post

the piston may have worn down with flat spots on the rim,
        the actual trigger mech might not be seated correctly,
        grease/lube may be on the sears and piston making it slip off,
        the trigger housing screws ( ones attaching it to the bolt housing ) maybe loose
        sear set maybe worn down,
        trigger adjustment maybe causing too much pull on the sear release
        second this, it is most likely a worn piston however if you have no sucess then try the above
        BB
        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

I'll checK the piston out tonight. The thing I don't get is why does it work outof the stock and not In it?!

Comment

The laylax sears for some reason don't work to well with stock pistons. Changing the piston would probably fix this, but that doesn't mean the piston is worn.

It's totally conceivable that it would work when not in the stock. The stock is an integral structural part of this gun. Also, when you are holding it to your shoulder, you're applying a different motion on the bolt, than when the stock isn't on. That could well be why it's catching when the stock's off.

But to cover the basics. Make sure the screws holding the trigger housing to the receiver are tightened. Also, if it's an upgraded spring guide, make sure it's screwed up properly.

If it is flat spots on the piston causing this, turn the piston around a little bit and it'll work again for a while.

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post

the piston may have worn down with flat spots on the rim, Maybe
            the actual trigger mech might not be seated correctly, Again, possible.
            grease/lube may be on the sears and piston making it slip off, Not possible. The piston isn't catching on the sear because of friction, it's catching because the sear is blocking it's rout forward. Being a 45 degree system means that the sear forces the piston into the top of the cylinder, unlike on the 90 degree systems (pdi triggers, zero triggers). But the piston doesn't simply slide over the top of the sear. The sear is allowed to move out of the way by the trigger being pulled.
            the trigger housing screws ( ones attaching it to the bolt housing ) maybe loose A likely cause.
            sear set maybe worn down, he has just replaced them though.
            trigger adjustment maybe causing too much pull on the sear release can you explain this please?
            sigpic
            Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
            I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

trigger adjustment is a known cause for slam firing ,

basically , when you change a set of sears for a new one , you have to reset the trigger pull and adjust again so it works smoothly with the newly seated sear set , otherwise it maybe releasing the mech too early ( before it locked inplace ) ..

he said he replaced the sears , he never said if they are upgraded ones or stock one , hence why i said they maybe worn down to the extent it slam fires

Comment

I see what you mean. The phrasing had me confused their for a moment. But assuming the adjustment screws haven't moved, I don't see why you'd need to adjust, and readjust. Never had that problem myself. Not saying it doesn't happen though. Could well be the cause of this.
                sigpic

Comment

Cheers for the comments guys. Spent all night going over everything you guys suggested, and I can't see any obvious problem! It some times works and some times don't! I've tried two trigger units, two cylinders, Two pistons,two springs, two spring guides and nothing seems to work. I'm thinking the reciever may be to blame. Reason I say this is that's the only part I haven't Got another to test, also there seems to be a lot of up and down movement when the cylinder is in the reciever! Man, Ive stripped and rebuilt motorbike engines and NEVER been this stuck! Dam airsoft! Not giving up though!
                  Last edited by Z0mbi3_ki11a; 23 September, 2010, 12:24. Reason: Spelling as usual!

Comment

You may be missing the small nylon collars that sit in the receiver, one at the front where the barrel screws on and one at the back that has a gap in it, near the rear of the receiver. Its situated with the gap so that the spring guide stopper can pop up, if you are missing these it could be a case of your cylinder is able to move too freely and it is causing the spring guide stopper to not engage properly or it is making it drop slightly causing all the pressure to try and hit the piston causing a slam fire, may also want to try a slightly weaker spring see if its the power of the spring issue. This is when the spring is too powerful for the sears causing the gun to slam fire.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I love you aribos!!!! I'm missing the one at the back!! Intact I've never had/heard of/ or even seen one!!! That makes soooo much sense!!!

Comment

It will be a small plastic white ring, best bet is to see if anyone is splitting one on here or has a spare. Unfortunately dont think I do at the moment but will have a look when I get home and PM you if i do.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Cheers dude, my mate works in an armoury with a wolf he's gonna look in the gun graveyard for one I got the completly circular one at the front, it's the split rear one I'm missing. Now I know it's that it makes sense. Coz when I'm cocking the gun, if I apply slight downward pressure, the sears catch, where as if I apply upward pressure they don't! With the ring in the back I'm guessing the cylinder will be kept central

Comment

If you have one of those film cases for old fashion camera films, that makes a perfect replacement for the front one. The original front one could then be chopped to fit in the slot for the rear one.

The rear one is C shaped. Just to make sure you're not missing (when looking) it, can you see the C shaped grove in which it would sit. It's where the join is at the very back of the receiver. You can get to it by undoing the scope mount and pulling the back end off.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just got handed the two washers. Gonna go home and give that a try. If tha don't work, then fuck knows!! Oh and as to the spring it's the standard one!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Z0mbi3_ki11a Find out more about Z0mbi3_ki11a
                              Working...
                              X